Thread: Caymas/ Vexus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caymas/ Vexus

Son and I made our annual trip to boat show last night. Saw new Caymas and Vexus fiberglass models. Both fit and finish looked to be very good on both, spent more time around the Caymas, do not like the sides of the new Vexus at all ! Our show in Birmingham seems to have less bass boats every year.

2. Member
    But you have the mega outdoor show with the BASS Classic in March, so take heart. It will be well worth it.

3. Member
    I kinda liked the vexuse vx21 till I was told the price. Lol.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    I kinda liked the vexuse vx21 till I was told the price. Lol.

Same here. I thought I was interested in this one at Nichols Marine (https://www.nicholsmarineinc.com/boats-for-sale/New/Vexus-VX21/Tulsa-OK-US/ ) until I was quoted $104,185 + til. Not sure what they do to these boats to go from the adverstised price of $78K to get them over $104K.

5. Member
    i bet there are a lot more caymas sold than vexus the slice of pie of folks that can dump 90 k for a bass boat is pretty small.

I don’t like the sides of the Vexus either. It just seems too big and deep, and all one color. I prefer the traditional styling. I do like the overall appearance of the Caymas.
    I know of 2 Vexus sold locally, one for 94K and the other for 103K.
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 01-25-2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

7. Member
    Last edited by kry29; 01-25-2020 at 06:53 PM.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    i bet there are a lot more caymas sold than vexus the slice of pie of folks that can dump 90 k for a bass boat is pretty small.
    If you can pay 75 to 80 what another 10k at that point?

9. Banned
    In saw both at the East Tennessee show... Those handicap rails on the Vexus are uglier in real life than the photos... Hands down Caymas... Dan

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    If you can pay 75 to 80 what another 10k at that point?
    ....or another $30K. That's only 40% more. And look at all that you are getting for that extra $$$$.

11. Member
    I Went to boat show in Longview TX yesterday and they had the Vexus and Caymas side by side in my opinion the Caymas wins hands down. But that's just my opinion

The Caymas didn't look as good to me in person. The decking, cooler, and storage compartments looked shallow, but maybe that was because the deep Vexus boats were close by. The between seat console looked way too small and didn't fill the space between the seats. The trailer looked plain.

The Vexus is a big ole boat and looks well built, and very well thought out, with no compromises. It's hard to imagine they will appeal to the masses because of cost. It will be interesting to see how many tourney touring prostaffers they will have, and just how many of those rigs they will sell.

After looking at these prices I think the value of my old Stratos is going up.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    After looking at these prices I think the value of my old Stratos is going up.

same!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

15. Member
    Climbed all over both recently. They are BOTH real nice boats! I think my choice would be Vexus because the Caymas had a tube trailer. The owner of the dealership said the Vexus rode a lot better, I could see that with the much deeper V. Not sure how the paint is going to hold up with the Vexus?

Keeping it real, IF I were going to spend that kind of money it would be on a XB21 or Cat Lynx.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    Caymas is more expensive than the Vexus. I would not own a Vexus though.

17. Member
    Blue & Gray Marine is having a demo day Feb 28th here on ky lake(paris landing) and will have Caymas and Vexus available for demo rides.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Vexus air ride seats.
    Go Gators!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos273v View Post
    Caymas is more expensive than the Vexus. I would not own a Vexus though.
    No they’re not. Lol

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    Same here. I thought I was interested in this one at Nichols Marine (https://www.nicholsmarineinc.com/boats-for-sale/New/Vexus-VX21/Tulsa-OK-US/ ) until I was quoted $104,185 + til. Not sure what they do to these boats to go from the adverstised price of $78K to get them over $104K.
    ---total threadjack I know, but I was looking at the vexus in this link and thinking about how many people swear by those livewell vent caps. This boat looks to have a sorta seal for the clear livewell lids unless I'm missing something, its opposite of the vent theory?

20. Banned
    Thats so they can semi pressurize it with a high speed pick so water doesn't slosh around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast