Where to install?

I'm looking to install a flush mount bumpboard holder on a 2019 z18. Anybody got ideas on where to put it?
    Thanks in advance.

I'm getting ready to do the same thing in mine. What I'm going to do is order a piece of the black plastic (same material as the cup holders are mounted in on either side of the cooler, except much thicker), cut it to the exact same dimensions, cut the hole using a hole saw, replace the cup holder with the ruler bracket, and mount it on the starboard side.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    I'm getting ready to do the same thing in mine. What I'm going to do is order a piece of the black plastic (same material as the cup holders are mounted in on either side of the cooler, except much thicker), cut it to the exact same dimensions, cut the hole using a hole saw, replace the cup holder with the ruler bracket, and mount it on the starboard side.
    I like your idea, especially the location. The material of the cup holder/pliers, I believe is starboard. You could just take the cup holder out, get a small piece of 1/4" Starboard and mount it over the cup holder hole above it or below it. Or, might be able to just cut the rear pliers hole out wider to fit the ruler. Just some thoughts.
    Hire Lures BuzzWalker quick-clip on topwater blades
    2019 Nitro Z19 200 Pro XS 4S V-T2 Live well vents

4. Member
    Already tried there it won't work. The ruler bottoms out.

Quote Originally Posted by Will1029 View Post
    Already tried there it won't work. The ruler bottoms out.
    This is exactly why I have to buy 1” starboard plastic. When you add this to the plastic already there I will then have the clearance. I will post pics when I’m done.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

6. Member
    I'm now thinking about going into the passenger footrest, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Will1029 View Post
    I'm now thinking about going into the passenger footrest, thoughts?
    Yeah, that’s an idea. If you do post pictures for us.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

8. Member
    OK so I got really serioustoday about finishing this project. So the first option I explored was building up the existing area where the passenger cupholder is. By my measurements I would need to build up existing plastic deck by 1 3/8. That is way too much to keep a factory look. So I went on to the passenger side footrest idea. I measured in from the right and down from the top just enough that the hole saw would only cut through the plastic without cutting through fiberglass. So I took as many measurements as I could to ensure that all clearances would work. Then I said a little prayer and drilled a 3 inch hole in my brand new boat. Thankfully it all worked out and the nitro ruler slides in perfectly. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Pictures?? Do you have the port console?
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Pictures?? Do you have the port console?
    Not computer literate enough for pics. No I don't have a passenger console.