Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Now that we have some time with the new Mercs

Do people still hate the way they look? A year ago they were the ugliest thing ever made. Now 20% of the people on this board probably own one and the rest of us have been around them at the ramps. Curious if people have grown used to them or have developed a like for their looks.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

2. Banned
    Still not a fan of the look. But i never thought they are near as ugly as a Rude

3. Member
    My dislike of the look hasn't changed. I dislike the look so much that if my 2 stroke Pro XS gave it up, I would look for something else.

4. Member
    I like the way mine looks. Got it in October and it still has no hours on it. Life got in the way. I have a blue boat and I acquired some blue decals for the motor so I will put them on in a few days.
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Banned
    I’ll admit they have really grown on me. At first I thought they were god awful. Now I kind of like them. I still think they could do so Much better from a cosmetic/graphic point. Those things sound absolutely awesome when you fire them up.

6. Member
    profile looks fine but the shiny black and red clashes with lots of boat colors
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Banned
    Not a fan, but I will buy one if forced. Hopefully there is a slight change eventually.

I like em.

9. Member
    I think they look fine, dont mind the looks of the rude either...neither are yamaha however lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

If Mercury would give me a 365 day “test period” I would give them my unbiased opinion.

They look really good on some boats...and only ok on others...overall I like the look.

12. Member

13. Member
    So far, not a fan of the new Mercury's look. But I really hated the G2's went they first came out years back. But I have since changed my mind on them.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

14. Member
    I never hated the look and like it even more now. The idea that someone would choose another motor solely based on looks and not performance makes me shake my head.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I never hated the look and like it even more now. The idea that someone would choose another motor solely based on looks and not performance makes me shake my head.
    I don’t think anyone out there is choosing a motor based solely on looks. What we’re saying is just try to not make them as hideous as possible. As much as they cost, as least put some effort to make them look appealing.

16. Member
    I still think they're pretty ugly but I will definitely get past looks for a motor that is trouble free and so far I haven't seen much bad from them

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I don’t think anyone out there is choosing a motor based solely on looks. What we’re saying is just try to not make them as hideous as possible. As much as they cost, as least put some effort to make them look appealing.
    Post #3.

I hated the G2 until Vexus came out with their aluminum boats. The white 2080 with the white G2 is the sharpest rig on the water IMO. I’ve always been a Merc fan and the new 4 stroke is growing on me. I’m still running a 250 XS on my Ranger. If it were to give up I probably would put the Merc 4s on it. I think the Yamaha is the ugliest out there. Good motors but fugly.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

I've warmed up to them. I obviously have one tho. The performance of them makes the looks not feel as bad.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    Post #3.
    Oh I’m sure there’s a few. Of course just like anything, when you pay that much for it just sucks to hate the look of it. For me it’s like those hunter green colored trucks. I absolutely hate the look of them. If I’m dropping $50,000 on one, I want to at least like the looks of it. Lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast