Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    That's a pretty easy one to answer for me. It would have to be Lake Erie. Largemouth, Smallmouth, Walleye, Yellow Perch, etc.

2. Member
    Kerr Lake for me

3. Member
    In GA I say Clarks Hill or Hartwell. Lanier is good for big spots but gets too much traffic to be considered a "best lake to fish". Lanier is a "best lake to party". I did plenty of that on Lanier 35 years ago LOL.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    Minnesota is often overlooked for bass fishing but we have a ton of great bass lakes in the state. Minnetonka is crazy good and gets a ton of pressure, but even with tournaments nearly every week, it’ll take a 23 lb bag to be comfortable going to weigh in. Mille Lacs is an incredible smallmouth fishery, everyone knows that. Vermilion is a top destination. Leech Lake is amazing both smallies and largemouth. Green Lake out near Spicer, pretty much any lake near Alexandria, Brainerd, or Grand Rapids. You can pretty much go anywhere in MN and have a solid chance at a 5 pounder, but that is about the top end of the normal big fish. We are blessed with so many lakes and many of them have quality bass populations.

For the level of pressure that it gets while still producing excellent fish day in and day out, Tonka is probably my choice for MN.
    <<< this >>>

'Tonka tough to beat - (except on the weekend).
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman13 View Post
    Kerr Lake for me
    I am with you. There may be better fishing in some other lake but for overall fishing and beautiful scenery I like Kerr (Buggs Island) lake the best.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    For the inland lakes in the part of Ohio I live in (northeast) for largemouth, it would probably be the Portage Lakes chain of lakes, or Mosquito Lake. For me personally I'd go with Mosquito. Both have abundant weed growth, but the Portage Lakes chain has a lot of docks, while Mosquito has very few. I'd rather flip and pitch bushes n such, versus docks. For big fish Portage Lakes gets the nod. For numbers, Mosquito. Although Mosquito is starting to come back as far as bigger fish go.

For inland smallmouth in my neck of the woods, I'd go with Lake Milton. It's got a bunch of them in there. And some good ones to boot. I weighed a 4.85# fish in a tournament, and have caught one that was bigger than that. Most tournaments are won with 5 fish limits of smallmouth that go between 13 - 17#
    agree with all this
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

Smith Mountain Lake located outside of Roanoke, Va. Fished it since it was built and was fishing while it filled in 62. Lived on it for 16 yrs before relocating to Ga. to be with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    What about Mashpee ? Always heard good things about that place. Didn't someone weigh in a bag over 30 in a state BASS tournament there one year?
    I fished Mashpee quite a bit when I lived in MA. Tough fishery for me (even if my avatar fish came out of it). Not a lot of cover and clear water. If I was headed out towards the Cape, I'd fish Great Herring, Long Pond (Harwich), or Santuit.

Since I've lived in a bunch of states...

Connecticut - Candlewood
    New York - Onondaga (early 2000's). Probably the best body of water I ever fished.
    Georgia - I always liked Hartwell
    Massachusetts - Lots of good bodies of water. Assawompsett Pond, if you can get access. My favorite was Great Herring Pond.
    Virginia - Chickahominy River (although Chesdin is underrated).
    Wishing I was Fishing

Here in New York it's probably Podunkee Lake, the smallest of the Finger Lakes. It really doesn't get much pressure due to limited access, just a small dirt ramp and parking for only about 8 vehicles. Its loaded with Largemouth and has a very healthy population of Smallmouth. My favorite lake.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Missouri - Lake of the Ozarks
    My favorite color is clear.

11. Member
    Uh....uh...uh...... finding " good bass water" in CO is like hunting monkeys in Alaska. If i had to make a choice and only because it has all 3 species in it..Pueblo Reservoir
    Last edited by cobassing; 01-26-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Compared to most of the lakes mentioned here, Kansas lakes are small. Wilson reservoir is probably the best at the moment. There are several small state lake that have great fishing. There is one not too far from me. I can be sitting on my couch, decide to go fishing and be backing in in 20 minutes. That little 200to acre lake is the best in KS to me.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    For sure my choice for largemouth. For smallies it’s a tough call for me between lake Washington, chelan and osoyoos.
    Chelan has been getting tougher and tougher the last couple years. It's my favorite body of water to fish. But man it hasnt been the same like it used to be. Still good fish to be caught but not easy getting them.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Best bass lake in Utah is Sand Hollow by a huge margin. SUBA and UTB hold most tournaments on it. Not including the regional events as well. I fish SH once or twice a week year round. Powell is pretty though and has some good bass fishing.
    BAHAHAHAH thats funny stuff, 1322 acre lake compared to 180 mile long lake that is a National Park. Not sure what regional events you are talking about but never heard of any of the BASS western regionals being held on Sand Hollow or UBTT Championship or TBF divisional. Nice lake but doesn't rate as best bass lake, maybe best bass pond.

15. Member
    Im not a state but we have multiple St. Lawerance Lake Ontario and The Bay Of Quinte all can produce multiple bags over 20lbs both Largemouth and Smallmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    For sure my choice for largemouth. For smallies it’s a tough call for me between lake Washington, chelan and osoyoos.
    If you like Osoyoos you should fish our clubs Open this September up there. 44lbs two days won last year.

Chelan has really slid downhill in the last decade. I'd put a few Columbia River pools above it, maybe even Long Lake and Moses now. Potholes has some monster smallmouth in it, but they're overshadowed by the great largemouth fishing.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

17. Member
    Clearlake for big bags of Largemouth
    Berryessa for Largemouth, Spots and Smallies
    New Melones for spots
    Shasta for numbers
    all are fishing good

18. Member
    For Iowa I’d say pool 9&10 on the upper Mississippi. Okobji Lakes are solid also

Clear Lake, Ca Delta and Berryessa in that order, Clear Lake may very well be the best in the nation presently with 25 to 30 lb five fish limits in the middle of the winter in every event.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

20. Member
    For largemouth Lake Huron
    For smallies Lake Huron

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast