Question for ReelX

Cleaning my Chronarch MGL I bought early last year and surprised to see the crank shaft bearing held on by a weird tiny screw requiring a square end tiny screw driver. Did Shimano intend for the bearing to be removed? The other thing I came across is that washers are missing as shown on the schematic (One BNT 2128 and three BNT 15 not where they should be) . I found the same in my Chronarch 150's? One has one washer on the pinion bearing, another has three on the pinion bearing and yet another has two on the pinion bearing. I would love to know how the assemblers in Japan know how many to use, or not. The schematic shows three washers on the pinion bearing. All reels bought new.

I'm sorry Hal but I no longer offer DIY advice or counsel on public forums, or in PMs, just no time. Sorry, Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

3. Member
    I understand. Thanks

4. Banned
    Sometimes reels will have different amounts of spacers/washers depending on build tolerances. So, some reels may have a few spacers, some might not have any. Just make sure you put whatever ones you have in the particular reel back right where it was.

5. Member
    That is what I did, thanks.