Thread: Show me...!!

Show me...!!

Alright guys! I’m getting tired of moving my pedestal mount seats. Show me how you store your seats. I seen a great idea once and cannot find it now.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Depending on your boat model, my favorite way to store the front pedestal seat is in the starboard side front locker. I can still get soft items like rain suit, spare shoes, throwable cushion, etc. packed in around and below the pedestal seat. It’s not super easy to get in and out, but fits without too much fuss [my Z519 and Z520 boats], is out of the way, but there when I need it.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Depending on your boat model, my favorite way to store the front pedestal seat is in the starboard side front locker. I can still get soft items like rain suit, spare shoes, throwable cushion, etc. packed in around and below the pedestal seat. It’s not super easy to get in and out, but fits without too much fuss [my Z519 and Z520 boats], is out of the way, but there when I need it.
    This ^
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Leave mine at the house and fill the deck hole with aluminum plugs.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

5. Member
    I am going to get the 3/4" pin style pedestal and seat base so I can remove the seat from the base to make it easier to stow and allow more room for other items. For now I will have to get one of those bushings from Attwood but when I re-carpet the boat I will change out the pedestal base to the pin style.

https://www.amazon.com/Swivl-Eze-24-.../dp/B004RDHV80

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/Pin-Adapter

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...in-Seat-Mounts
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

6. Member
    Yep,, starboard side along with a few other items, I used to not bring it at all but that caught up to me, standing on deck for 6-8 hours starts to hurt .
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

7. Member
    Exactly what I do^^
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

That's how I stored mine for years in my 185 VS but now I have to use it all the time so when traveling I take it out and lay it under the console.