Got compliments on my F195

As I was tying down my boat to get ready to retrieve it from the water, an NC Wildlife surveyor complimented the looks of my boat. He said he always wanted to ride in one of those.

Well after that comment I had to take him for a spin. We ran it briefly and I even let him take the wheel. He seemed pretty impressed by the ride comfort especially, saying it cut through the chop really well. He compared it to another brand (which I will not name) and said that other brand's ride was very rough. At high speeds it would bounce like a washing machine and chatter his teeth and make his vision blur. He claimed the Falcon handled the waves much better.

Hey, he might've been blowing smoke up my ass, but it was a nice moment and I gotta say, the more seat time I spend on the Falcon 195, the more I'm impressed myself.

Cheers.

2. Member
    what kind of speed are you getting out of the suzuki?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BHarris89 View Post
    what kind of speed are you getting out of the suzuki?
    I'm able to hit 60mph pretty consistently. That's about 7 percent prop slip. The gear ratio makes it tough for top speed. I think a couple people here claim they get 70+ with the new Mercuries. If you go online there's a youtube video of Knot Marine running one with a Mercury and getting 62 mph as the top speed.

I'm sure I can squeeze a few more mph out of it, whether by polishing/blueprinting the prop, switching props, or getting rid of my 4 lead acid and agms with lithiums, but it doesn't bother me currently. Plus, if it ever does, Suzuki is releasing new lower units with updated gear ratios closer to the competition.

4. Banned
    It should be a 70 mph boat. Otherwise it's a tough sell against a Phoenix 619 that will run 70 with a 200.

5. Member
    It’s easily a 70mph boat with Merc, Yamaha, or Rude. I hope Suzuki is able to get theirs to run faster because I think they make a good product!

6. Member
    In the video they hit 65......not impressive especially unloaded with barely any fuel.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    In the video they hit 65......not impressive especially unloaded with barely any fuel.
    If you finish the video they run back the other way to account for wind, and hit 59. So average it out and it's 62. I'm not sure why they only hit 62mph with the new Mercury, maybe they don't have it setup right.

Yes the Suzuki top speed is lacking. It's because the gear ratio is 2.50:1. I almost wonder if I could turn a 30 pitch prop with that gear ratio. Anyways, Suzuki is releasing updated lower units with gear ratios more in common with Merc/Yamaha etc. If I really need that top speed I'll just pick up one of those.

8. Member
    I have a friend who is getting 70 plus out of his F195. with a 200 g2

9. Member
    G2’s rock!!!

Unlike Yamaha, Suzuki only makes their 200 in an inline 4 configuration. The inline 4 will never perform on par with the V6 or new Merc. V8's but will typically sip less fuel.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus