Thread: Ghost install

Ghost install

Ordered it 1st week of October got it today. Install went smooth except I can't get it to work! Anybody else? I have new batteries. It's getting power. I programmed it to 36v. Nothing when I press the go button. I've gone back to factory settings, and reprogrammed the 36v still nothing. I've installed a few tm's in the past so I do have a clue on what I'm doing. Kinda frustrated.

2. Member
    Did you have it deployed will not work if in stowed position.

3. Member
    I got caught up trying to run it stowed as well. Good call

4. Member
    make sure its deployed lol it happened to alot of people . it wont work in stowed position.

5. Member
    Couldnt wait till tomorrow went out to the garage, and you guys are correct it won't work in the stowed position! Thanks!! Just got done looking at the 2 manuals sent with the Ghost. Can't find where it says it must be lowered to work. Nice little bit of info that should be in there. Thanks again.

6. Banned
    Are all the "New" spot lock motors like this now??? Anyone know if an Ultrex will run while stowed???

7. Member
    Ultrexx will not run when stowed

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkc View Post
    Ultrexx will not run when stowed
    OK Thanks. Guess that explains why I couldn't get one to work while I was playing around with it stowed.

9. Member
    I'd probably be frustrated with that as well, trying to get it to run stowed just to check things out, but now knowing that, it's a pretty good safety feature really. I have two young boys and I always worry whether or not I've remembered to flip the breaker at the batteries (my version of a cut off switch for the TM) when they are on or around the boat playing. It's pretty logical too, may as well not let it work when stowed. I like it!
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp