Thread: Kissimmee

Kissimmee

How is the lake fishing right now? And has the river cleaned up at all? Last time we were up there we locked through at the south end and it was really nasty. With these crazy bugs all over the top of the water and it almost looked like bait. Year before last river was great and last year it was totally different. Looked like very little O2 in the water. And also heard there was a fish kill past the 2nd lock.

2. Member
    The lake is fishing probably as tough as Ive ever seen it, 16# will win most any tournament right now, but that being said, I think it will be better soon. The water in Kissimmee isnt bad, but ive seen it better, cant speak about the river. Was just on the south end Saturday, it looks better than it did this time last year, but still not great. That area was killer 2 years ago, and then it got sprayed and never has come back....hopefully it will soon.

Air boaters watch us. When they see us fishing an area they check it out, and if they see hydrilla they spray it. Makes their job easy!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

4. Member
    I hope that ain't true. Sometimes I wonder though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    Air boaters watch us. When they see us fishing an area they check it out, and if they see hydrilla they spray it. Makes their job easy!

Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    I hope that ain't true. Sometimes I wonder though.
    I am just talking out of my a$$. But sure feels like it.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

6. Member
    While we're on the subject, I'm hoping to make the long trip from Pensacola down to Kissimmee one of these weekends and most likely camp at grape hammock. Is the lake safe to run aslong as your off shore? I'm used to fishing Seminole which is kinda scary to run at times. Also, good fishing down in south Kissimmee?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    While we're on the subject, I'm hoping to make the long trip from Pensacola down to Kissimmee one of these weekends and most likely camp at grape hammock. Is the lake safe to run aslong as your off shore? I'm used to fishing Seminole which is kinda scary to run at times. Also, good fishing down in south Kissimmee?
    Lake is very safe to run especially with the water up like it is now. Nothing like Seminole.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 514F-1 View Post
    The lake is fishing probably as tough as Ive ever seen it, 16# will win most any tournament right now, but that being said, I think it will be better soon. The water in Kissimmee isnt bad, but ive seen it better, cant speak about the river. Was just on the south end Saturday, it looks better than it did this time last year, but still not great. That area was killer 2 years ago, and then it got sprayed and never has come back....hopefully it will soon.
    I know the mats are less and less, are there plenty of pad fields still? I’m gonna be at CampMack & Grape Hammock mid-February. I watched B-Lat and Scott Martin and they seemed to find some large pad /stem fields in Kissimmee. Thoughts?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Lake is very safe to run especially with the water up like it is now. Nothing like Seminole.
    Good to hear! I want to make a trip down when the fishing is good. Ever since Uncle Sam sent me down to florida I've wanted to fish the Kissimmee chain. Seems like a lot of water to figure out in a weekend, but should be able to find some fish I would think.