HELIX 10 connecting to a Helix 10 mega di g2 or g3

I HAVE A NEW ULTERRA 112 ON MY BOW. I HAVE A ETHERNET FROM MY CONSOLE TO MY BOW TO MY OLD HUMMINGBIRD. PLANNING ON GETTING A HB MEGA DI FOR MY BOW. BEST WAY TO PUT THIS ALL TOGETHER

2. Member
    Your helix 10 mega di g2 or g3 will have to be a g2n or g3n to network together. I dont know about the ulterra but I'm sure someone will be along that does.

You can network with a first generation Helix, just cannot share as much data as with a G2N or G3N. A Helix 10 will be a N model so that is no concern. Only the Helix 5 and 7 have models that are not networkable.
    No different than what you have now if you had a networked unit at the bow.

You can put the DI transducer on the bottom of the motor, just need the trolling motor mount for it. You should already know about the cable management issue with that model motor.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    i don't know about a cable management issue.just a 80yr old trying to stay current

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeback 23 View Post
    i don't know about a cable management issue.just a 80yr old trying to stay current
    Just like a Terrova, the motor shaft slides through the mount to deploy and stow. Soooo if you have an external transducer on the bottom of the motor, you cannot attach the cable to the shaft.

IF you got the Ulterra with a MDI transducer, then you won't have to deal with that issue, the transducer cable is inside the motor shaft.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL