08 triton 20 x2 vs 08 triton tr 21 x hp

I've never owned a Triton but I'm in the market and 2 of the 4 boats im looking at are Triton's. One 08 20x2 has 250 mercury xs with around 100 hours. It has no graphs and no trolling motor. I have graphs already and will be putting an ultrex on whatever I get. Also has hydraulic jackplate. Iys very clean seats, gel coat and carpet etc all good. The other is 08 tr 21 xhp with 250 pro xs with around 250 hours. Has motorguide 36v trolling motor, newer batteries, hydraulic jackplate, dual console, stereo and speakers,
    one 8' power pole, older lowrance 28c in console and hds 12 touch in front but the touch has went out. Has a hds 10 at console but it took a crap last year and he didn't replace it. Anyways this one is 2,000 more than the other one. Which would you guys prefer? How do they handle rough water, what's the difference in the 2 models, what kind of speeds, etc.? Any info you guys give me is good info. I've only been in one Triton in my life and was long time ago. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Both boats handle great in rough water. Hp hull made to run faster. Tr20x2 hull slower, but one of the best stable fishing and big water boats. Hrs seem good. Both seem neglected somewhat and not keep up. I have a Tr200x2, 20x2 for sale. 225proxs with 300hrs. Ultrex 36v.112pds. 4 bank charger, new Triton seats, Trailer all new. Duel console. New Triton cover in box. No sonars. Wired for lowrace,point 1, Ethernet, NEMA Network, power, 3-1 active imaging transducer. Has a 12" bracket on dash. Clean and cared for. Runs 69 to 72. $28,000. Gives you an idea of the other 2 boats sir

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Both boats handle great in rough water. Hp hull made to run faster. Tr20x2 hull slower, but one of the best stable fishing and big water boats. Hrs seem good. Both seem neglected somewhat and not keep up. I have a Tr200x2, 20x2 for sale. 225proxs with 300hrs. Ultrex 36v.112pds. 4 bank charger, new Triton seats, Trailer all new. Duel console. New Triton cover in box. No sonars. Wired for lowrace,point 1, Ethernet, NEMA Network, power, 3-1 active imaging transducer. Has a 12" bracket on dash. Clean and cared for. Runs 69 to 72. $28,000. Gives you an idea of the other 2 boats sir
    WOW! I don't see what makes you say that the two boats the op mentioned were/have been neglected! Then you proceed to advertise your own boat! Really???? The OP was simply asking for info on the two boats mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidebassin' View Post
    WOW! I don't see what makes you say that the two boats the op mentioned were/have been neglected! Then you proceed to advertise your own boat! Really???? The OP was simply asking for info on the two boats mentioned.
    That's what I thought but didnt say anything. Both boats are in great shape. I have searched the archives to find out all I can about these 2. I have had 121 views with no help what so ever. I made same post on triton owners page on Facebook and had 20 people comment.

5. Member
    Whatever decision you make, you won't be disappointed. From an overall performance perspective, you can't beat the 21 XHP! Good luck!

6. Member
    I wouldn't trade my 21 XHP (2010) for any other boat , regardless of manufacturer. It is the ultimate performance fishing boat IMO. BTW, i almost bought a 20X2 before i bought the XHP but i wanted more speed than 68-70 and i got it with my 21 XHP.(76-80).

7. Member
    I had an '08 19x2 and I currently own a '06 21xHP. I'm sure the 20x2 performs close to the 19x2 I had. Either way you won't go wrong with your choice. I will say the 21xHP drives like a dream and has a fast hull. Very stable boat.

I think the 21xhp wont be happening. It has around 150 more hours than what he first told me. So it's in the 375 range. Also when I called I'm out on that and asked if the price would go down some he actually told me the price which was 500 more than we first discussed. He said he never said a definite price. So I turned around and went home. Now the 20x2 is sold and I'm looking at 21x2, and a tr21x

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moodyjeremy View Post
    I think the 21xhp wont be happening. It has around 150 more hours than what he first told me. So it's in the 375 range. Also when I called I'm out on that and asked if the price would go down some he actually told me the price which was 500 more than we first discussed. He said he never said a definite price. So I turned around and went home. Now the 20x2 is sold and I'm looking at 21x2, and a tr21x
    consider yourself fortunate, sounds like a person you would NOT want to deal with, showed his true colors in your brief dealing with him. The right deal will come along.

10. Member
    Get the 21x not the 21 x2

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Get the 21x not the 21 x2
    Agree.

12. Member
    I have a 2008 21x2 that I bought after owning a Legend LE-21. 21X2 much better fishing platform, have fished three on the front deck flipping grass without any issues. Not the fastest sled, but a very stable platform. Plenty of storage as well. Actually had my 5 year old out on Sam Rayburn a few times when weather kicked up a little bit and never felt nervous.