Red label 2 stroke quicksilver oil

Not realizing, I grabbed the red label 2 stroke quicksilver oil from Academy my last trip. I ran my 2009 Pro XS about a month ago with no issues but today I bought some DFI oil. Is it ok to mix? Should I just run the red label oil until almost empty? It's not even a synthetic premium blend and theres a good bit left in the tank.
    2009 Ranger Z520, Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Just "guessing" here- that this is simply "Premium TCW3 Outboard Oil".

If it were me- I would dump the remote tank, make sure it's clean (and there is no debris on the pickup screen), then refill with appropriate oil and bleed air from the engine mounted tank (see FAQ). Not extremely worried about the engine-mounted tank as it turns over pretty rapidly, but I wouldn't mix that oil with others, just to be on the safe side.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    So do I run the risk of hurting the motor by just running the TW3 until it's almost out?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    From a lubrication standpoint- no. Make sure you are running Quickleen (and I'll reiterate that if it were me, I would drain that tank now rather than running it). To me... it would not be worth the risk.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I'm running the mixture. I just need to get past tomorrow and then I'll drop the tank and clean it out. Appreciate the help.