06 PIV with Etec - Tilt / Trim Bouncing

I have tried about everything I know, however I cannot get the tilt / trim to stop bouncing while being lowered. I have filled and checked tilt / trim oil reservoir. I thought it could be air trapped, but spent a lot of time working it up and down while checking fill level, plus I have been told these systems are self bleeding. Anyone else fought the tilt and trim bounce on Etec's?

2. Member
    I would post the question on this forum. They have some experienced guys on the site.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    bouncing has to be air in the hydraulic system. See if you can find out how to bleed/purge the air out of it. For a merc you just go full up, full down, and repeat for approximately 5 times or so. Do not know about the etecs but I'd bet it is something similar.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    torque on nut for tilt tube can cause this. my ficht has always done this since new and I tore it down a few winters back and torqued the tilt nut and it didnt help at all. ??? lower it down to first ram before moving or putting in gear really seems to help. lowering while moving aggravates the issue
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools