Thread: 21xrd or xrs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I love everything about the XRD, except for the livewell lids.

I have a 2019 XRS. Awesome fast boat. Layout is awesome. If it could be changed, I would add more front deck to make it even with the back of the console. Way too much room in front of the passenger seat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    I have a 2019 XRS. Awesome fast boat. Layout is awesome. If it could be changed, I would add more front deck to make it even with the back of the console. Way too much room in front of the passenger seat.
    I have thought that since I saw my first XRS. Who wants more floor space?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebob View Post
    I have thought that since I saw my first XRS. Who wants more floor space?
    Me , it's great to move around when your fishing with a bud , he has room to work on tackle without it being on the deck. I don't feel the need to have more deck I stand in the same spot and use the trolling motor to move the boat to get me in the position I want to cast.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

5. Member
    I agree. XRD, RDC, XDC with XRS lids/latches style in the back. And a glove box for the XDC/RDC like an SDC.

6. Member
    Why would you prefer the xrd over the xrs? I'm looking at a 2008 xrd and a 2017 xrs. The xrs has had the console moved forward 4" so that slows it down some but how much. How much did it help the ride? Whats your general opinion the two hulls?
    thanks

7. Member
    How about Bullet making the XRD with the the lay out kind of like the Xrs. Just don’t move the seats and consoles. Maybe take a few things out to keep the wait down a little also. The performance part of the xrs is what I am stuck on. Oh and no Bullet stripe. I do like the new lines on the top cap. I do like the storage areas too. Of course I don’t dislike my storage in my XD either.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    How about Bullet making the XRD with the the lay out kind of like the Xrs. Just don’t move the seats and consoles. Maybe take a few things out to keep the wait down a little also. The performance part of the xrs is what I am stuck on. Oh and no Bullet stripe. I do like the new lines on the top cap. I do like the storage areas too. Of course I don’t dislike my storage in my XD either.
    What's wrong with the performance part?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    I may have worded my previous post wrong. Nothing is wrong with the xrs performance.I have been under the impression that it is 3 mph slower than the Xd or xrd. I just know for me when I lost 3 mph on my rig after banging up my prop I can tell a difference in that 3mph

10. Member
    I would not want to loose 3mph I am trying to add 3
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

11. Banned
    While I'm really happy with my XRS there is a difference in speed between the 21'10"... Like noted above, about 3mph's... Every boat is a compromise... But a Bullet is the ultimate... Dan

If it doesn’t have the classic Bullet Stripe I don’t want it......That said, I’m not a Dual Console guy, anyone wanna trade their 21xrd for a 21RDC?

13. BBC SPONSOR
    If I was to buy another Bullet, it would be a 21xrd. Some of the deck changes made on the XRS need to be added to the XRD. Keep the front deck the same but change how the rear storage and livewell lids close/seal and it would have been perfect.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    If I was to buy another Bullet, it would be a 21xrd. Some of the deck changes made on the XRS need to be added to the XRD. Keep the front deck the same but change how the rear storage and livewell lids close/seal and it would have been perfect.
    I agree ,that was the only change needed. Of course, everyone has their own opinion on what is better. First thing I did was trash the lid seals and latches and redo them with quality stuff that's water tight and doesn't fall off.

15. Member
    When I toured the bullet plant a few weeks ago I was talking with one of the guys in the hull shop that talked about some custom work that could be done around the hull, pad and edges that would help the xrs performance wise. Not sure exactly what he was speaking to, anybody ever heard of this type of mod?

Prolly just blueprinting....I’m sure as long as they leave the hulls in the mold they should be pretty close.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

17. Member
    XRD hands down!! The xrs is a turd
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

18. Member
    Not sure about this statement.^^

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    XRD hands down!! The xrs is a turd
    This takes the cake right here , so for years the talk about the difference between a 20xd and a 21xd was the 20 was 3mph faster so the go fast guys went 20 the guys more into ride and fishing went 21 , but now the xrs is 3mph slower than a 21x and it's a turd. I never heard anyone call a 21x boat a turd because it's 3mph slower than a 20 X boat.
    Bullet sells different models for different taste ! One is not better than the other. Dudes buy what you like check them all out get what suits you.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

20. Member
    Even bullets ( Turd ) boat is faster than 90% of the boats on the water. Except for a very few brands and we know what brands they are. If your only looking for speed go buy a center console Allison. The XRS offers a good combination of performance and fish ability that serves anglers well.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast