Couple of Questions

I went back and read some old threads about people having trouble with buttons on their Lowrance units not working. It seems like most people had a hard time getting their units open to even get to the inside. I am at the point where I am getting ready to attempt to open mine up. There was a lot of talk about "soft keys." I think that is the problem my power button on my HDS 7 Gen 2 has. When you press the buttons they kind of pop in and out. The power button has stopped doing that and now the only way I can power on/off is to unplug the power cable. Most of the threads were more about getting the units open and not about fixing issues like this. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing a "soft key" if that is indeed what my problem is? The unit is way out of warranty so I am not worried about voiding it.

I am also having some problems with my MK Fortrex. I am sure this is a simple fix but I wanted to ask. It has just started making a lot of squeaking sounds when I turn it a certain way and/or when I hit the power. It's not coming from inside the unit, but I am not sure if it is coming from the mount, the spring load area, etc... Is there a spray lube that people use to cover everything to get rid of that or what?

As always, thanks in advance.
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke

I opened up a lowrance elite 7 and then threw it away, as there was water pouring out of it, when I cracked it open.

I had a Humminbird 997SI that was acting up (buttons not working). I opened it up and saw moisture inside. I set it out in the sun on a 90 degree day with the case open so the heat/sun would dry it out. I then sealed it up and it has since worked fine. That was a few years ago and so far so good.

4. Moderator
    I opened up a hds touch 12 gen 2 and fixed a power button failure. I was fortunate to be able to fix it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    I opened up a hds touch 12 gen 2 and fixed a power button failure. I was fortunate to be able to fix it.
    How did you fix it?
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke