Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I went and filled up a customer ordered truck with the 7.3 gas and wasn’t impressed. The 7.3 gas motor on a Tremor package got 12.4 miles per gallon on a 3 hr interstate run south outta our dealership to be delivered to a customer. Needless to say customer sent it back with the driver after 1 hour and re ordered the same truck with the 6.7.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    The CDF module has a balance issue. It was so bad it destroyed the test machines. Both the CDF module and the E module have issues with apply plates cracking. The apply plates are a powered metal part. They have weak points in the design that when combined with cold shuts in the manufacturing process cause cracked pistons. We have tested several designs. We are doing inspections all weekend (overtime) on the CMM machine to try to prevent shutting down Ford. The testing on the transmission has not even been completed. Ford decided to launch before testing was complete. We just finished a C apply piston test of 100,000 cycles today. We will be sending the parts out for inspection Monday to see if they passed. Luckily they did not fail catastrophically like the last two times.

Doubt me if you would like. I hope these issues don't translate in to problems but I can't see how they wouldn't. I have been involved with testing the 10R140 for nearly 2 years.

The 10R80 is a great transmission.
    First I’ve heard of it and I work where it’s made and we’re 7 days a week just to keep KY Truck going.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234