Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I feel your pain. I remember I would work 4 to midnight go home make sandwiches get fishing stuff ready and before I knew it the time was 330am and sleep half hour then get up drive to my buddies house and fish till the sun went down. Fast forward 25years and no way that's happening. I'm ready to go home at 4 pm bc my back is sore and sometimes my hip is bothering me and sometimes I just need a nap. Holy cow batman I'm and old fart now. Dam time gets away from us don't it.

2. Member
    Welcome to my world! Won’t you come on in? Forgot who sang that but it fits!

I feel like most all of you need to spend a day musky fishing, for some perspective.

4. Member
    At 60 my check engine light come on . And have not been able to get it to go off yet!!!!!

5. Member
    Try throwing A rigs all day ‘ in a 2 or 3 day tourney!... you will know what tired & beat up really feels like !

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I feel like most all of you need to spend a day musky fishing, for some perspective.
    I just bought my first muskie rod combo so I am about to feel your pain. I do some swimbait stuff also.

Well sounds like I need to try a butt seat and stop complaining.

7. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    Im 52 and at least 4-5 days a week I workout either on treadmill or lifting weights... starting to eat better too. Losing extra weight helps and staying active... my mental game is probably the best its ever been in fishing now I'm just trying to take as good a care of myself as I can so physically and mentally I can hopefully see results from these things. Fished many years as a co angler and last couple fished as a boater more this year fishing full schedule as boater in BFLs. I know right now since i have started working out and losing some weight I feel much better during the day and much better after a 12 hour day on the water. All the things guys are saying about hydration are spot on too... very important. Lastly I will say 7 hours of sleep or more every night is very important as you get older too... i get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep every night.
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNix View Post
    I can't do the Capt. Morgan pose all day, the recessed trays help a bunch. I need a 'pro pole' or lean seat now. I haven't fished an all day or all night tourney in a while, it's just too hard on my hips and back.
    Maybe just doing The Captain Morgan without the pose, it’ll knock down the pain anyway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234