Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

USA Ghost needing grass goat or some kind of weed removal device?

Just wondering if anyone using the Ghost has found they needed a weed removal device such as a "ninja" .."grassgoat" or some other type?

Will be awhile before i can get mine in the water and even longer before we have pads and weeds thick enough to test..

Thanks for any info!
    Basscat P4

2. Banned
    I took mine through some stupid on my part thick Hydrilla, it was so thick that it locked the motor up and I had to reset power too it. It sheds grass really well by itself and they don’t yet have a grass cutter that will fit the ghost design. I will buy one “just because” when they do release one though.

My ghost is better about going through the grass than my fortrex was, I don’t know why; but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I took mine through some stupid on my part thick Hydrilla, it was so thick that it locked the motor up and I had to reset power too it. It sheds grass really well by itself and they don’t yet have a grass cutter that will fit the ghost design. I will buy one “just because” when they do release one though.

My ghost is better about going through the grass than my fortrex was, I don’t know why; but it is.
    Thanks for the info Grout !
    Basscat P4

4. Member
    Update on this.

I just ordered a Ninja...practice as well as last/first T of the year I had to pickup trolling motor to remove reeds wrapped around ghost prop

Noticed quite abit of vibration throughout the day..came home and removed prop and found weeds/reeds bound up inside
    Basscat P4

I find that when it's in navigation mode, speed set a slow speed, when it goes through thick weeds the motor doesn't chop through them. When that happens I set the dial at 4 or so and step on it momentarily to clear the prop. Then resume navigation.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    I'm running 2 Ninja Grass blades and I still have issues with it bogging down in the grass and slop. In my opinion Lowrance or an aftermarket company really need to come up with a better prop. Other than running in the grass I absolutely love the Ghost.
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS

I have spoken with the owner of Precision Sonar about making the "original" Ninja Grass Blade available again and he agreed to order some for the Ghost. The original fits the Ghost. I put two on Randy Howell's boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    So when I order do I need to tell them I need the original one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    I have spoken with the owner of Precision Sonar about making the "original" Ninja Grass Blade available again and he agreed to order some for the Ghost. The original fits the Ghost. I put two on Randy Howell's boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet90 View Post
    So when I order do I need to tell them I need the original one?
    Yes - I would contact them by phone and let them know you would like one ASAP.

Not yet, but I haven’t been in very much heavy grass. The thing has so much torque, t would expect it to eat such vegetation for breakfast. Are you using a very slow speed?
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

Ive been in some heavy reeds , grass and pads..still wraps up from time to time on every speed. Remove that prop an check for weeds,line etc..!

Just modified my ninja to see how it does this weekend..they need to come out with a ninja made specifically for the Ghost imo.

I know its off topic..but anyone else find themselves hitting the other buttons on the foot pedal by mistake or when trying to hit anchor lock?
    Basscat P4

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    I know its off topic..but anyone else find themselves hitting the other buttons on the foot pedal by mistake or when trying to hit anchor lock?

I flipped my momentary button to the right side of the pedal and I do hit my anchor button on accident when I stand at a certain angle. I think I need to move it back to the left and see if it helps me avoid that.

I agree on a ghost dedicated ninja, the one on Randy Howells boat looks like it would snag grass between it and the motor foot. So far my ghost is better in the hydrilla, than my fortrex was; my fortrex was real bad about wrapping up.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I flipped my momentary button to the right side of the pedal and I do hit my anchor button on accident when I stand at a certain angle. I think I need to move it back to the left and see if it helps me avoid that.

I agree on a ghost dedicated ninja, the one on Randy Howells boat looks like it would snag grass between it and the motor foot. So far my ghost is better in the hydrilla, than my fortrex was; my fortrex was real bad about wrapping up.
    Thanks for the info Grout..
    I will have to try that.
    Basscat P4

Sooo..
    Modified my ninja installing the blade closer/tighter to the prop by adding more double sided tape..

Honestly it worked like a charm only having to pull trolling motor up once to remove reeds that wrapped..punched for last 4 or so hours of tournament Id say this is good and it didnt falloff so until they come out with one just for the ghost..id say this is good for now.
    Basscat P4

Quote Originally Posted by MRichard2016 View Post
    Sooo..
    Modified my ninja installing the blade closer/tighter to the prop by adding more double sided tape..

Honestly it worked like a charm only having to pull trolling motor up once to remove reeds that wrapped..punched for last 4 or so hours of tournament Id say this is good and it didnt falloff so until they come out with one just for the ghost..id say this is good for now.
    Photo ?

17. Member
    Sounds like Bassfish1 has this covered. I got one for my terrova last fall and absolutely love it for going through MN milfoil.

My ghost shut off from the weeds. It sucks in the weeds. But I still love my ghost. Waiting for a prop upgrade.
    2006 Ranger Z20
    2011 225hp Evinrude ETEC H.O.
    26p Raker II SS prop
    HDS9 gen2 at bow and HDS16 carbon on a precision sonar console bracket.
    Units linked into outboard interface.
    Precision sonar gauge relocation kit.
    2) 8' power pole blades
    101 lb 36v minn kota fortrex
    Bob's 10" hydraulic jack plate

Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    Photo ?
    Will get you one asap..just added like 4 layers of double sided tape to one end of ninja to adjust for taper on t motor. Looks like crap but does the trick so far.

Anyone remember the modified motorguide props years ago..someone added sheet metal to the prop, that thing was amazing!?
    Basscat P4

Im gonna tape razor blades around the area. That should cut them cabbages up.
    2006 Ranger Z20
    2011 225hp Evinrude ETEC H.O.
    26p Raker II SS prop
    HDS9 gen2 at bow and HDS16 carbon on a precision sonar console bracket.
    Units linked into outboard interface.
    Precision sonar gauge relocation kit.
    2) 8' power pole blades
    101 lb 36v minn kota fortrex
    Bob's 10" hydraulic jack plate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast