Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have an original Ninja blade that I took off my old TM before putting the Ghost on. I did a test fit and it will work, but have yet to put it on. I have been in some pretty thick stuff and turning it up to max has chewed through it where my old TM would bog even with the blade on...idk why but its never shut down or bogged up in heavy grass, weeds or lily's
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    Thank you!
    Mike Richard
    2013 Basscat Pantera 4
    2013 Merc 200 XS

Quote Originally Posted by MRichard View Post
    So this is what I came up with..
    Last T was punching all day in thick slop/weeds/pads/reeds...had to pull up trolling motor a couple times, figured after the first time the ninja was gone only being held on by 2 sided tape..but to my surprise, there it was still holding strong!

Yes, this is the same account but different..posted from my phone

Hope this helps someone..
    Basscat P4

Quote Originally Posted by wilds View Post
    Im gonna tape razor blades around the area. That should cut them cabbages up.
    HAHAHA !!

Send pictures
    Basscat P4

Quote Originally Posted by MRichard View Post
    Thanks for the photo. I see your own adaptation of the installation and I agree there is too much of the NGB corner sticking up. Would you be comfortable filing or using a Dremel tool to remove the sharp edge (corner) so it will not catch any weeds. I spoke with Randy today and he said a small amount does get caught up in the edge of his. FYI - he fish the back waters of the Mississippi River in a tournament and said the tm worked great in some very thick stuff and the NGB are still there since I installed them when MLF was fishing Okeechobee this winter. If there is a big enough demand for the original NGB for the Ghost, and it appears there is, I will consider a redesign of the original to accommodate my new customers.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    Thanks for the photo. I see your own adaptation of the installation and I agree there is too much of the NGB corner sticking up. Would you be comfortable filing or using a Dremel tool to remove the sharp edge (corner) so it will not catch any weeds. I spoke with Randy today and he said a small amount does get caught up in the edge of his. FYI - he fish the back waters of the Mississippi River in a tournament and said the tm worked great in some very thick stuff and the NGB are still there since I installed them when MLF was fishing Okeechobee this winter. If there is a big enough demand for the original NGB for the Ghost, and it appears there is, I will consider a redesign of the original to accommodate my new customers.
    Yea..this winter I will modify if there isnt anything better out by then.

No one remembers those MG props with the thin sheet metal overlay on them? Now that would be the bomb..
    Basscat P4

7. Member
    Guys, I'm getting a new Ghost in a few weeks on a new boat and I'm very nervous that I won't have a good solution for the lakes I fish with heavy vegetation. It sounds like the Ghost prop wasn't designed at all for weeds compared to other brands including the Ultrex. I don't want to be pessimistic, but can an add-on fix a fundamental design problem? I suspect Lowrance designed the current prop for efficiency only without taken into account weeds. I see on the Lowrance website they have a Lowrance WEEDLESS Ghost prop with the description saying it has been optimized to be weedless, is this the same prop you guys have on your Ghosts?

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/type/trolling-motor/ghost-prop/
    "Product details

Anglers will have no problem fishing in weeds or weedbeds with the optimized design of the Ghost Weedless Prop, which prevent weeds from wrapping around the prop"

Part Number – 000-15237-001"

Also, I am very interested in putting an aftermarket to improve the weedless performance of my TM and have used the Ninja Grass Blade on my Ultrex, has the 1.0 production now re-started for the Ghost?
    Last edited by n_texas_basser; 11-04-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

8. Banned
    The ghost prop looks exactly like the ultrex/fortrex prop, don’t believe all the BS spouted off by guys owning the competitions brand. If the ghost won’t go through, neither would theirs.

and yes, the included prop is the same in the link.

Quote Originally Posted by n_texas_basser View Post
    Guys, I'm getting a new Ghost in a few weeks on a new boat and I'm very nervous that I won't have a good solution for the lakes I fish with heavy vegetation. It sounds like the Ghost prop wasn't designed at all for weeds compared to other brands including the Ultrex. I don't want to be pessimistic, but can an add-on fix a fundamental design problem? I suspect Lowrance designed the current prop for efficiency only without taken into account weeds. I see on the Lowrance website they have a Lowrance WEEDLESS Ghost prop with the description saying it has been optimized to be weedless, is this the same prop you guys have on your Ghosts?

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/type/trolling-motor/ghost-prop/
    "Product details

Anglers will have no problem fishing in weeds or weedbeds with the optimized design of the Ghost Weedless Prop, which prevent weeds from wrapping around the prop"

Part Number – 000-15237-001"

Also, I am very interested in putting an aftermarket to improve the weedless performance of my TM and have used the Ninja Grass Blade on my Ultrex, has the 1.0 production now re-started for the Ghost?
    The original NGB can be purchased exclusively from Precision Sonar.

10. Member
    Last edited by n_texas_basser; 11-05-2020 at 02:34 PM.

11. Member
    Great, thanks very much!
    The original NGB can be purchased exclusively from Precision Sonar.

12. Member
    Www.deltaprecisionproducts.com we build the best grass cutter for your ghost trolling motor.

13. Member

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andydoudna View Post

Looks nice.

Just a warning since you’re new. If you are going to try to sell products here, you might talk to the owner about being a sponsor. I think it would help you sell a bunch of those cutters.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 11-19-2020 at 07:40 AM.

15. Member
    Www.deltaprecisionproducts.com we build the best grass cutter for your ghost trolling motor.
    Wow... that looks to be well designed and made

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

16. Member
    Given you are so new and $145 is very steep, do you have any testimonies? Any pro's using them? Also, it looks to be very particular to the prop, so I know Lowrance is now selling a "weedless" version that I posted in the thread above, is this compatible with that prop?

17. Member
    $145 is very steep!
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

18. Member
    please make one for ghost'

19. Member
    This is what I run and it is absolutely the DEAL!! There was definitely a bunch of R & D put into this product and the attention to detail is incredible!

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    please make one for ghost'

it is for the ghost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast