Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Today's younger workforce is pathetic

What is happening in America today with education and work ethic? I am so happy that I retired and no longer have to deal with it at work. I still have to deal with it when I go to a store but at least I can get away from it at home. This past summer I went to home depot to get some landscape bricks and the pallet was in disarray and i needed 65 pieces. The poor 25 year old kid just could not figure out how to count them. I am 67 and had to get down on my knees and arrange them to figure out how many was on the pallet. Lazy and worthless. That is is just one example. They know little and think that we owe them something. I was 39 when I lost my job and went back to school to get a new career. I finished second in my class and blew kids coming out of high school out of the water. It as like they learned nothing in school. We are headed down the toilet in this country. I know there are some that paid attention and have a good work ethic but they are the minority.

2. Member
    wow.you hold a grudge a while huh.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    wow.you hold a grudge a while huh.
    Lol I was thinking the same thing

4. Banned
    Totally agree. Were taught, but did not pay attention. The were focusing on Twitter and facebook and snapchat. They weren't listening to the Professor. Now, They know nothing and don't care about it. It really is a sad state when this happens.
    Last edited by NitroVanDam; 01-24-2020 at 11:02 AM.

5. Member
    Don’t blame them. They were busy with travel ball. Never really planned to have to get a real job.

It the parents that need slapped.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    WE created (or; allowed them to be created by a patient/venomous/evil liberal cabal) ‘them’...

...all while having ‘more important’ things to do; trusting our compromised educational system to raise them...

...time to pay the piper
    Who controls John Gill?

7. Member
    Depends on the kid as I have seen both scenarios. My twin 22 year old daughters recently joined the work force and are working hard. Their employers are very happy with them.

A few years ago, I hired a young CPA as a financial analyst. Told him that I would be probably be retiring in five years so that there was a real opportunity for him if he could demonstrate his value to the company. He was a sharp kid but would whine if he had to work an hour over 40 a week. Needless to say he was gone in two years.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Don’t blame them. They were busy with travel ball. Never really planned to have to get a real job.

wait until the parents and grandparents money is gone.its going to get interesting in the workforce
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

9. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    wait until the parents and grandparents money is gone.its going to get interesting in the workforce
    I agree 100%. No trust fund for mine. I will BLOW it all before I go
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    WE created (or; allowed them to be created by a patient/venomous/evil liberal cabal) ‘them’...

...all while having ‘more important’ things to do; trusting our compromised educational system to raise them...

...time to pay the piper
    Yep it's the parents from the mid 80's on that allowed their kids to grown up in the fashion they did. About the time the internet got started is when it really seems to have derailed, hmmmm.

Well, the OP is right to a degree. I see it all the time. They can’t count—- that is why the cash register companies invented registers to tell them the correct amount. They still want to put the bills in your hand first, then the change, because that is how it reads on the register.
    Since retiring in 2010, I have been asked if I wanted a job. Hardware store, trucking, parts delivery driver, working the counter at a parts house, cooking. How sad is the employee pool businesses want to hire old guys instead of the younger generation?

GET OFF MY LAWN!

13. Member
    Children are a product of the environment in which they were raised. I started mowing lawns in grade school and working full time as a senior in highschool. Their environment is also todays society, there were more after school jobs available back in the day, pumping gas, grocery stores and so on that don't exist or are filled today buy adults trying to make ends meet. They are about five years behind on work ethic.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Beat me to it ..

Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    What is happening in America today with education and work ethic? I am so happy that I retired and no longer have to deal with it at work. I still have to deal with it when I go to a store but at least I can get away from it at home. This past summer I went to home depot to get some landscape bricks and the pallet was in disarray and i needed 65 pieces. The poor 25 year old kid just could not figure out how to count them. I am 67 and had to get down on my knees and arrange them to figure out how many was on the pallet. Lazy and worthless. That is is just one example. They know little and think that we owe them something. I was 39 when I lost my job and went back to school to get a new career. I finished second in my class and blew kids coming out of high school out of the water. It as like they learned nothing in school. We are headed down the toilet in this country. I know there are some that paid attention and have a good work ethic but they are the minority.
    It's hilarious to me when people judge a whole generation off of their interaction with 1 individual.

Stupidity has no preference of age, sex, or race....

I know plenty of old people that do stupid stuff...

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

16. Member
    To be fair, the workforce at Home Depot is below average, they'll hire anyone...
    Cheese County Bass Club

17. Member
    I'd say if that's all you got to complain about since summer your in good shape as far as the complaints go. I'd find something nice about everything. At our age{68 here} we don't need any stress.

18. Member
    In reference to my post #13, I live in a small farm town. Generally speaking the children being raised on the farm for the most part are hardworking young adults and grasp the virtue of common sense somewhat more than the kids from the city. Just my observation results may very.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    plenty of “uneducated, Lazy and worthless” 18-25 year olds kicking ass overseas. Paint with that broad brush

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post

Have to laugh......so true

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast