Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    i agree to a point, however, the days of climbing the corporate ladder or remaining with a company your entire career are gone. give them what you can give, move onto the next one. i watched several people give their entire lives and health in the beer world, and as soon as their body began to break down - walking papers. it was at that moment i quit giving my life and happiness to any job that can and will be replaced, and will replace you in a second.

I show up everyday and work hard because i have pride. I dont however feel like i should give me health, life, happiness to any job. if a better one opens up, im gone.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

2. Member
    Jeez I'm 27 now and I know for a fact I work harder than any of you could imagine. All those useless old turds sitting around doing nothing all day being "retired" sure seem like a good waste of oxygen. All they do is abuse the Healthcare and social security system so working folks like me get stuck footing their bill. I'm thinking it's time all the 60+folks just went and drove off a cliff, useless drains on society and human progress!

3. Member
    When will your mom be 60? Have you told her yet?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    What is happening in America today with education and work ethic? I am so happy that I retired and no longer have to deal with it at work. I still have to deal with it when I go to a store but at least I can get away from it at home. This past summer I went to home depot to get some landscape bricks and the pallet was in disarray and i needed 65 pieces. The poor 25 year old kid just could not figure out how to count them. I am 67 and had to get down on my knees and arrange them to figure out how many was on the pallet. Lazy and worthless. That is is just one example. They know little and think that we owe them something. I was 39 when I lost my job and went back to school to get a new career. I finished second in my class and blew kids coming out of high school out of the water. It as like they learned nothing in school. We are headed down the toilet in this country. I know there are some that paid attention and have a good work ethic but they are the minority.
    That's funny, I can just picture the OP starting his first job and having a WWII vet saying the exact same about him.

5. Member
    Good workers and poor workers in all age groups. Smart people and stupid people in all age groups.

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I've had two different friends want me to use they're kid to help me work on projects or rentals. Last time I went my wife asked if I was taking help. I told her I'd rather run myself into the dirt working than have to deal with those teenagers again. One kid couldn't wind up an extension cord, hold a tape measure, about climbed on a ladder that he threw up against a post on an angle so it would've just tipped over if I hadn't been watching him. He couldn't figure out how to change a bit in the drill. He reeled up the extension cord on his arm and it looked like a birds nest and threw it in back of truck, thought it was perfectly fine. Took another one with me to trim bushes and he couldn't even drag them to the street and stack them. Had him sweeping and everytime I looked he was stopped and on the phone looking at twitter or crapbook I guess. And they just walk around like they cant stay awake and are so wore out. Its pretty much comical and I just work alone now.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 01-24-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    But can they count bricks?
    My family has this running joke along those same lines. My sister was home on break and needed another garden house to wash the car. Asked my dad where the hose was. He didn't know exactly where but he expected her to be able go find it above the garage so his reply was something like, "Jeez, we send you to college and you can't even find the garden hose?" If there's one thing that dorm life does is sharpen your sarcasm so she replies with, "Sorry I'm only in Garden Hose 101. They don't cover 'Where does Bruce hide the garden hose?' until next year."

8. Member
    Ok Boomer. LOL. I think you are right. I am a teacher and the things we have to accommodate for kids to pass is awful. The students I have have 40 kids in summer school if they were in my class 15 years ago.

9. Member
    I have found that not all young workers are bad, but it does seem like the number of lazy young people is growing.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    My family has this running joke along those same lines. My sister was home on break and needed another garden house to wash the car. Asked my dad where the hose was. He didn't know exactly where but he expected her to be able go find it above the garage so his reply was something like, "Jeez, we send you to college and you can't even find the garden hose?" If there's one thing that dorm life does is sharpen your sarcasm so she replies with, "Sorry I'm only in Garden Hose 101. They don't cover 'Where does Bruce hide the garden hose?' until next year."
    That's funny stuff right there.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    As a kid I worked summers pushing wheelbarrows full of rocks across Death Valley for .19 cents an hour and was damn thankful for the opportunity. I woke up at 1 am 7 days a week and milked the cows and did other farm chores before going to my rock pushing job. When I got home at midnight my dad would beat me senseless until I passed out. That made me the man I am today, thanks dad

Rant over. I'm going outside where it's currently -57 degrees outside to chew the swollen lugnuts off of my Rascal scooter ... when all of this snow and ice melts and my lawn comes back you better not be on it

Awesome!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTimeAgain View Post
    Jeez I'm 27 now and I know for a fact I work harder than any of you could imagine. All those useless old turds sitting around doing nothing all day being "retired" sure seem like a good waste of oxygen. All they do is abuse the Healthcare and social security system so working folks like me get stuck footing their bill. I'm thinking it's time all the 60+folks just went and drove off a cliff, useless drains on society and human progress!
    You might be right but we should load all the 30 and under into the backseat when we go over. A win win for all.

13. Banned
    Classic. OP is either fishing or nuts.

14. Banned
    I am 67 and had to get down on my knees and arrange them to figure out how many was on the pallet.

Kneepads are in aisle 6B. GooBeGone™ is aisle 8A

You're welcome.

Have a better day!

15. Banned
    We have some good, hard working 21 - 25 year olds here. We have had some that were a waste of air though. We had one last seek try to pull a workers comp scam claiming he got hurt at work. He failed the drug screen, so I had to let him go. He asked if he needed to work his 2 week notice.

What can be said of today's generation was also said in every other generation that came before then. We just choose not to remember.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    But can they count bricks?
    Freaking hilarious. It's sometimes amazing how book smart people are but common sense sometimes seems to be missing. I have a roofing business and used to see father's bringing their kid's to jobsites to learn and the kid's were having fun. Now days you barely see kid's outside playing.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

Blame the parents.
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by dricha21 View Post
    What is happening in America today with education and work ethic? I am so happy that I retired and no longer have to deal with it at work. I still have to deal with it when I go to a store but at least I can get away from it at home. This past summer I went to home depot to get some landscape bricks and the pallet was in disarray and i needed 65 pieces. The poor 25 year old kid just could not figure out how to count them. I am 67 and had to get down on my knees and arrange them to figure out how many was on the pallet. Lazy and worthless. That is is just one example. They know little and think that we owe them something. I was 39 when I lost my job and went back to school to get a new career. I finished second in my class and blew kids coming out of high school out of the water. It as like they learned nothing in school. We are headed down the toilet in this country. I know there are some that paid attention and have a good work ethic but they are the minority.
    Boomers like you raised kids like that.....it's a product of your own making, much like the national deficit...

Last two guys I fired were over 50...entitled, and didn't like the fact they work for people in their early 30's.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    You might be right but we should load all the 30 and under into the backseat when we go over. A win win for all.
    I think we're on to something big!

Kill off all under 30 and over 60. Leave an entire society of 31-59 yr olds!

We could call it the HGF society.. For Hasty Generalization Fallacy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast