Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Shit man you got to get you some Phantom Outdoors wear....says right there on the sleeve it's "Tournament Grade!". No way you can fish for money wearing anything lesser than "Tournament Grade" clothes.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

2. Member
    Fished my first t'mnt in 14 ft aluminum boat w/25 hp rude! And won... Didn't have jersey. That stood out!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/FishinSnowguy

3. Member
    I think it’s funny that so many people replied and the OP is just joking! Wow

dont take it so serious. it's a bfl. learn and have fun. you beat the pants off all those "jersey" guys and they'll notice you for the right reasons!

5. Member
    UPDATE: no more BFL’s for me, I got to weigh in and before I got in line I went to see all my family, friends and girlfriend who had their chairs on the front row by the stage. And some embarrassing signs too!! Anyway, they had a cooler and offered me a cold beer, which I needed after the long day. So I take my beer and go get in line, some guy who says he runs the tournament, I didn’t know him, called me into the trailer and said I was disqualified for today’s tourney and all future tiurnies!! I still don’t know why, except for my family and girlfriend, especially, were hooping and Hollering as I was getting closer to going across the stage. I think I’ll stick to more local tournies and a few regional ones to help promote my sponsors and those who make it possible for me to chase my stream. I wouldn’t have won it anyway, but probably would have made the top 75. Guess we will never know cause he didn’t even let me weigh in at all and didn’t tell me exactly why. He knew I was new at this whole BFL thing and I didn’t break any rules that I was aware of. Maybe they knew I was gonna keep Improving and be a threat to beat some of the old guard pretty soon??
    Thanks again for the advice, there sure were a lot of guys sponsored by strike king, lews, and dude wipes according to their jerseys. All I wore was my Googan squad hoodie because that’s the only clothes I had with any big time names on it besides the Tacklewarehouse T shirts and it was way too cold for that today. Im sure when I improve and start cashing checks they will ask me back, but I’m not even sure I would accept after such a debacle today!! Tight lines!!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    UPDATE: no more BFL’s for me, I got to weigh in and before I got in line I went to see all my family, friends and girlfriend who had their chairs on the front row by the stage. And some embarrassing signs too!! Anyway, they had a cooler and offered me a cold beer, which I needed after the long day. So I take my beer and go get in line, some guy who says he runs the tournament, I didn’t know him, called me into the trailer and said I was disqualified for today’s tourney and all future tiurnies!! I still don’t know why, except for my family and girlfriend, especially, were hooping and Hollering as I was getting closer to going across the stage. I think I’ll stick to more local tournies and a few regional ones to help promote my sponsors and those who make it possible for me to chase my stream. I wouldn’t have won it anyway, but probably would have made the top 75. Guess we will never know cause he didn’t even let me weigh in at all and didn’t tell me exactly why. He knew I was new at this whole BFL thing and I didn’t break any rules that I was aware of. Maybe they knew I was gonna keep Improving and be a threat to beat some of the old guard pretty soon??
    Thanks again for the advice, there sure were a lot of guys sponsored by strike king, lews, and dude wipes according to their jerseys. All I wore was my Googan squad hoodie because that’s the only clothes I had with any big time names on it besides the Tacklewarehouse T shirts and it was way too cold for that today. Im sure when I improve and start cashing checks they will ask me back, but I’m not even sure I would accept after such a debacle today!! Tight lines!!
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Banned
    Stand up for phoenix5252 and boycott the Phoenix Bass Fishing League... All together now... No justice, No peace... Dan

8. Member
    Did you coangler stiff you on gas money?
    Joey Aderhold

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Stand up for phoenix5252 and boycott the Phoenix Bass Fishing League... All together now... No justice, No peace... Dan
    Hahaha!!! We opened the bar without you Dan!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderhold View Post
    Did you coangler stiff you on gas money?
    He actually gave me a $50 bill, said he enjoyed fishing out of the back of my center console over the more “traditional” rigs his pros usually have!

11. Member
    P m sent

Im gonna quote Sheldon from Big Bang Theory here “BAZINGA”. Guy hasn’t even wet a line yet and already got a limit ����

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    are you really serious that you dont know why you were disqualified.
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

14. Member
    Let me introduce myself. I’m the jersey warden and you Sir have WAY over the limit.
    Praying for a Cure

The best part of this thread is we are three pages in and people still think he is being serious!

Well played

17. Member
    Your not the first one to have this happen. I believe if you write Bill Taylor a letter about how you didn't realize you broke any rules. You may be able to pay a $100 fine and get reinstated.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

No Jersey vote here. You standout more without one these days.
    kidding, but no vote stands.

19. Member
    hqdefault.jpg

A lot of gut hooked readers and commenters on this thread. It's awesome. Good work OP. HOOK, LINE, and SINKER.

Obviously you will finish last without the proper attire. I recommend you cancel this trip and wait until you can get the proper equipment. You are border line even being allowed to fish with only a few stickers.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast