Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Its kind if surprising manufacturers dont put out some data on this. Assuming the more expensive units create better images, why not advertise and sell this feature. The have no issues pushing the uhd over hd.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Probably not many people can afford a 3000 dollar unit more buy the 73 or 93 or lower units on all brands.I wish they would of made a 93 in 8600 series with gt54 for 1500 that would of been the ticket!
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 01-25-2020 at 09:05 AM.

3. Member
    Id agree with your statement but I think Garmin needs to really show the value of the more expensive units. Take the 93sv plus vs an 106 ultra unit. Show me that the ultra unit is worth an extra $700ish for only one more inch of screen. Show me what the increased resolution and brighter screen really do for me.

Id be more willing to upgrade based on some garmin data VS just peoples opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Probably not many people can afford a 3000 dollar unit more buy the 73 or 93 or lower units on all brands.I wish they would of made a 93 in 8600 series with gt54 for 1500 that would of been the ticket!

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Having owned both and now a 1242 and 1042 I don’t think going to 1 inch screen is worth 700 or more to most.The 93 is a power house and at that 600 mark it’s a steal.Yes the 10-12 inch screens are really nice but it’s a lot of money to just up grade screen size.I would think going to the uhd 93 would be a good option as the price is more reasonable for most guys.I guess you could add gt34 to the 93 but that’s another 500 .I would aell the plus and up grade to the uhd93.

5. Member
    Bigger is ALWAYS better

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Id agree with your statement but I think Garmin needs to really show the value of the more expensive units. Take the 93sv plus vs an 106 ultra unit. Show me that the ultra unit is worth an extra $700ish for only one more inch of screen. Show me what the increased resolution and brighter screen really do for me.

Id be more willing to upgrade based on some garmin data VS just peoples opinions.
    Have you seen them side by side? Screen size, brightness, and resolution is just the tip of the iceberg. The Ultra series really are fantastic units. Well worth tge price difference IMO.
    I know, I know... Opinions...

Try going to a sporting goods store that has them both on display and play around with them.

7. Member
    I had a 93sv plus unit. Allot of bang for the buck no doubt but I absolutely hated trying to view the screen in bright sunlight. It was a huge issue for me.
    I upgraded to an Ultra 122 unit, had it for several months now. Absolutely love it. No problem at all ever viewing the screen. Yes the extra 3" helps but it is more too it than just a larger size.
    I went out today with a friend who just purchased a 1242 unit. Not the brightest sunny day but partly cloudy. No issues at all seeing the screen or fish with Livescope
    Not sure what that means but the screen on the 93sv plus didn't work for me or for another one of friends.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Did they change the screen on the 93uhd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12