2008 HPDI Questions

Does a 2008 HPDI 225 hp have an O2 sensor? The model # is VZ225HTLR. How do I tell what year this model is? What maintenance items should I replace? I have been running a 1998 ox66 and the HPDI's are new to me. The guy selling it said he has owned it for a year and a half and hasn't had any maintenance done to it. It does at least have a fuel/water separator on it. What would your recommendations be if I did buy it? My main concern is that if it does have an 02 sensor and he hasn't cleaned it in over a year that's not good. I know on my ox66 that can cause the engine to not oil properly and if it's the same on a HPDI I might steer clear. Motor has 239 hours. Thanks.

2. Member
    A VZ225HTLR does not have an O2 sensor.

The month and year of manufacture are on a label that is on the left hand clamp bracket.

3. Member
    recommended to have injectors serviced about every 250 hours. which should include replacing all the basket filters and low and medium pressure filters as well. if you had all this done by a dealership you're looking at possibly close to 2k. if you are mechanically inclined at all you can do a little you tube research and save yourself about $12-$1400. i did mine myself two years ago and would not hesitate to do it again. Now i am going back and replacing low pressure fuel pumps, they are not expensive but i wish i had done them in the past when i had everything apart.