Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I've followed those steps probably a dozen times or more. The files are not there to be imported. They are not being synced as is confirmed by the Navionics app itself which says waypoints and routes failed to transfer. Once again a problem with my Lowrance that no one else seems to have. Just my luck. $800 paperweight.

2. Member
    What version of software is on your elite?!
    maybe backup the device and do a factory reset / reinstall software?!

lastly, maybe reinstall the app on your phone?!

connect phone to device before opening app
    then open app
    then try again.

i work in software, I can honestly say sometimes the dumbest thing you can do can sometimes get it going.

I would wipe as much as you can and start over.

your units card isn’t full of stuff is it?!
    like not enough space on the card?!

just throwing out ideas

3. Member
    I'll try these things. Ironically I work in software too (IT manager for government organization) and have considered hacking into the damned thing but didn't want to brick it yet, but I'm considering it. No the card has plenty of space. It is updated too but maybe I will reset it to factory default.

Be sure you're not using a card larger then 32Gig

Quote Originally Posted by rat0502 View Post
    Are you saying you can have full custom depth shading like cmap with the app? That's one thing I really dislike about navionics.
    It's not Navionics that is responsible for that; Navico don't want Navionics to do colour depth shading

Last edited by wallyandre; 01-27-2020 at 04:47 AM.

7. Member
    Does he have a choice on the size of card if he bought navionics?! Lol

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    It's not Navionics that is responsible for that; Navico don't want Navionics to do colour depth shading
    I get that, I would assume Navico is trying to push everyone to Cmap. Well listen product development ..... make it so your cmap genesis live can be shared across units, instantly via Ethernet , and I’ll buy it!!! And I’ll pitch it to everyone I meet.

9. Member
    The card that came with the Elite 9 TI was 16gb. It had plenty of space (9Gb of 16Gb available) until I updated the Nautical charts yesterday (not sure I should have, though) and that was nearly 7Gb total. I thought this would overwrite the old outdated files but after updating, the card had only 1.5Gb of space left which doesn't make much sense. Another question I'm going to ask Navionics about when I talk to them, AGAIN! The Software version is 18.2, which according to their website, is the last update to be released for the Ti. They have not continued to release updates for the Ti even though they continue to do so for other models that are no longer being manufactured.

I'm going to ask Navionics about when I talk to them, AGAIN! The Software version is 18.2, which according to their website, is the last update to be released for the Ti. They have not continued to release updates for the Ti even though they continue to do so for other models that are no longer being manufactured.
    Navionics has nothing to do with the Lowrance software update.

11. Member

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallyandre View Post
    Navionics has nothing to do with the Lowrance software update.
    Sigh...I know Navionics has nothing to do with Lowrance updates. But they certainly have something to do with downloading updated nautical charts to THEIR card and those updates taking up space on the card rather than overwriting the outdated files they're supposedly updating and I plan to ask them why that is when I talk to them. So not sure where you're getting that I was somehow stating that Navionics has anything to do with Lowrance updates. Did you read the entire post? Someone previously asked what the software version was on the Lowrance unit I'm using so I told them. I also stated there have been no future updates for that particular Lowrance while they have continued to release updates for other units.
    Last edited by jasonjeremiah; 01-27-2020 at 11:05 AM.

13. Member
    I wonder if perhaps your card is corrupt, and not the unit itself?!

read online today that the card could become corrupt if you do system updates and other things with the card in the unit.
    Maybe negotiate with navionics to send you a replacement or trial card and see if you can transfer data to a different card....

that would at least help you pinpoint if it’s the card within the unit, probably not, as you’ve done other steps with the card itself.... is there a way to wipe the card and reformat ?!

14. Member
    Whatever steps you take, if it was me, I’d wipe everything out and start as fresh as you could, only put in a card once all updates are complete, and it would help to have two cards (since you’ve tried two phones, Hell, send me the card and I could try to update it using my units and see if it works....

15. Member
    If I wipe the card, wouldn't that render it useless. It's my understanding there's some sort of encrypted key on the card which would prevent a user from copying the contents to another card. I'm getting ready to contact Navionics now. I think the card may be corrupted which is why I would like to get this sorted out before warranty/subscription has expired. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

16. Member
    I wasn’t sure if navionics allowed you to wipe and reformat a card, makes sense why they’d encrypt. I would just lie to them and say you tried someone else’s card in your unit and it works. You’ll ship them back your card and you want a replacement.... at least then if THAT new card doesn’t work either it’s a corrupt unit, in which case you’d think the unit could be reset to remove corruption. And navionics wouldn’t have any loss in the matter so I’d feel good about the lie....

17. Member
    You know how to think through logical steps of troubleshooting, and we both know how freaking frustrating it can be pinpointing the problem.... just start wiping out all variables

18. Member
    I contacted Navionics and they're sending out a new card to try to remove that from the equation. The person I spoke to had NEVER seen that error before which about sums up the luck I've had with this unit and everything that came with it. They did say if the new card didn't work, I would then need to contact Lowrance as it must be an issue with the unit. I sincerely hope it's the card, because up to this point, Lowrance has had zero interest in helping me getting this unit to work correctly.

I was emailing with Jacob Scott directly, who acknowledged there was an issue (not with the Navionics card, but a different issue regarding communication between the Elite Ti and Motorguide Xi trolling motor) and he was trying to diagnose what was going on, but once he couldn't come up with a resolution, stopped communicating with me entirely. I've emailed him 4 times since April of last year and never received any response and have called Navico/Lowrance several times and either never got anyone on the phone or never received a call back. Even one of the Lowrance Pro staff members on here DM'd me and said he was going to setup a case for me back in the summer of last year and never heard back from him either. Pretty sure it's close to being out of warranty now, so they're off the hook. I am also sure they've been spending all their time and resources working on their newest gadgets and couldn't care less about the products they manufactured 2 years ago even if they are still in warranty. They have lost me as a customer FOREVER!!! I know they don't care, as is confirmed by their lack of response to any of my issues, as they have plenty of other suckers, excuse me, I meant customers, to keep throwing money their way. Now I'm just going to wait for the token fan boys to respond and say how great Lowrance is, the stats that show how many tournaments they've won with their products, and how if I don't like it, to try something else and shut up. I guess money comes easier to them than it does to me. When I spend upwards to a $1000 for something, I expect it to work or at the very least expect to get some sort of customer service and support.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread and will post any future updates to the other thread I created. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by jasonjeremiah; 01-27-2020 at 02:20 PM.

19. Member
    Good luck with it man! I have no problem with you hijacking :)
    if garmin had better imaging we’d be with them still. We have carbons and plan to get the motorguide tour pro, if we get burned we’d jump ship too! No brand loyalty here .... excited to get Lowrance out on the water and see how it does... hoping it’s your card

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12