Livescope power cord....what am i missing????? The cord

Has 2 holes to connect into the unit. The plug on back of the unit has 4 pins for the connection. Alas, the cord wont connect with unit. Any ideas?

2 pictures. Required with your sentence.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    The LVS transducer connects only to the GLS10 box. The only cable it has is this 21 pin transducer cable.
    The GLS10 has two cables. One for power and one for connecting the GLS10 to the MFD.
    The power has red and black for positive and negative to the battery
    The network cable has unique connectors that will only plug where they are supposed to go.
    Have you looked at the installation directions?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Are you talking about the back of the graph or the back of the Black Box?

5. Member
    If you are installing both the graph and the black box, is there a chance that you switched the power cords. My black box has only two prongs for the power plug. Several of the graphs have four prongs for the power plug. My 8610 does not, It only has two prongs. I know this because when I upgraded to this one, I thought that I could use the existing cord on my 1022. Nope. It had four prongs.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    The LVS transducer connects only to the GLS10 box. The only cable it has is this 21 pin transducer cable.
    The GLS10 has two cables. One for power and one for connecting the GLS10 to the MFD.
    The power has red and black for positive and negative to the battery
    The network cable has unique connectors that will only plug where they are supposed to go.
    Have you looked at the installation directions?
    think I have it fgrd out. The display unit is powered from the battery, same as the black box.....gotta have 2 sets of wires coming from the battery. (I was thinking the black box powers the display(93+), or vice versa. But it doesnt.

7. Member
    And, what are the two smaller gauge wires for in the 4 pronged plug? Brown and blue.

8. Member
    Does anyone know if the Livescope system still draws from battery when it's not in use?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lizardpuller View Post
    And, what are the two smaller gauge wires for in the 4 pronged plug? Brown and blue.
    You won't be using them. Fold them back and tape them off. If you were using this power cord with a different (earlier) unit they have a use.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac19xs View Post
    Does anyone know if the Livescope system still draws from battery when it's not in use?
    Yes there is a draw. Use a switch.

my switch broke so I actually have a single wing nut on my positive post that was unused for the rest of the wires, super simple and robust.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    Thank you soooo much. Mind is at a lil more ease now.

12. Member
    Thanks a lot. Thought that was the case, but wasnt sure.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lizardpuller View Post
    they connect to the NMEA backbone to your engine, to receive signals from your eng to the garmin head unit to display rpm, oil pressure, eng temp etc.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

14. Member
    I don't think so. It has a NMEA connector on the unit. The only thing I've heard mentioned about using the brown and blue wires in the power cord is to share waypoints using Garmin High Speed Protocol on earlier echomap units. But, just because I've not heard that before may not mean much.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think it takes more than two wires to get data from the engine....everything i see including my Merc. needs N2k connections....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS