Motor mounting...

I got this boat at the end of last fishing season. Been upgrading it to my liking. I have only got to drive it twice before freeze up but the little i did at speeds under 60 it seemed ok. I will be adding a jackplate to it here soon and noticed the motor is not level from side to side.. It should be running high 60's low 70's after I install my jackplate. Should I address this, or mount it and see if it matters. I'd say it's roughly 1/4" higher on drivers side. Thanks
    KIMG3251_02.JPGKIMG3252_03.JPG
    River Runner

2. Banned
    Measure it from the pad not the cap. Sometimes the cap is not truly square on the hull. Since your mounting a jp you can adjust it a little to offset it if the holes are off. As long as it dosen't create a handling issue I would let it be and go fish.

3. Member
    That issue has been covered a couple of times on here before, the general consensus was that it’s nothing to worry about.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinicobra View Post
    I got this boat at the end of last fishing season. Been upgrading it to my liking. I have only got to drive it twice before freeze up but the little i did at speeds under 60 it seemed ok. I will be adding a jackplate to it here soon and noticed the motor is not level from side to side.. It should be running high 60's low 70's after I install my jackplate. Should I address this, or mount it and see if it matters. I'd say it's roughly 1/4" higher on drivers side. Thanks
    KIMG3251_02.JPGKIMG3252_03.JPG
    Who is the manufacturer of boat and motor?
    Size of boat and motor HP? current prop size, material, and manufacturer?
    Size of JP you are planning? make sure your cables are long enough.
    What maintenance information did you get from previous owner? tune up, filters, prop B&B, etc.
    These and more go into the equation of setting up your rig.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Measure it from the pad not the cap. Sometimes the cap is not truly square on the hull. Since your mounting a jp you can adjust it a little to offset it if the holes are off. As long as it dosen't create a handling issue I would let it be and go fish.
    This is good info.

Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Who is the manufacturer of boat and motor?
    Size of boat and motor HP? current prop size, material, and manufacturer?
    Size of JP you are planning? make sure your cables are long enough.
    What maintenance information did you get from previous owner? tune up, filters, prop B&B, etc.
    These and more go into the equation of setting up your rig.