Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    It looks like all of Ray Scott's lawsuits back in the day are going to be reversed with a stroke of a pen.
    Actually no not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    As a rural landowner and farmer I say thank God.
    that was my first impression thanks for confirming.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. Member
    Please release me,let me go.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Now someone is thinking clearly. The reports will start soon that Trump did this to take the focus off of the Impeachment, anyone want to place a bet?

Not unless I'm betting with you. They will no doubt say this and I'd be willing to give odds.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Now someone is thinking clearly. The reports will start soon that Trump did this to take the focus off of the Impeachment, anyone want to place a bet?
    This is really odd. You have a lot of posts and you’ve clearly been around here for a long time. Not sure why you tried to make this ever so significant environmental issue take a political slant.

I created this topic to talk about the possible consequences these changes will have for our incredible waterways and environment. I have no interest in making this a discussion about the people that may have the greatest responsibility or effect on making these things happen.

I never really worried about swimming in any of our beautiful waterways mostly on the eastern coast around Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania creeks in the late 70’s and as we moved into the 80’s, if a creek had good looking water, I would generally swim in it without a second thought.

The thought that many people may not be able to do the same frightens me.

If you’ve been here on the BBC long enough, you know where the line is. Come on, dude. This topic should absolutely be dear and close to the heart of any genuine person that truly loves to fish and appreciate the outdoors.

6. Member

7. Member
    dont understand the outrage the water is much cleaner now than back in the day if your going to whine about something complain about the drinking water in some areas.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    "Dismantled"? Bit of a strong word.

I'm not 100% on board with this, but the sky's certainly not falling, either.

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa...tection-rule-0

https://www.epa.gov/nwpr/navigable-w...tep-two-revise
    That's the way I look at it too. I still need to read the fine print before making a final decision on good or bad but this knee-jerk reaction of some saying that our rivers, lakes, and streams will all become cesspools seems a little over the top.

9. Banned
    I just put a match to the water in our cove and it didn't light up... So we're good for another few days... Dan

10. Banned
    [QUOTE=5-20;10807902I never really worried about swimming in any of our beautiful waterways mostly on the eastern coast around Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania creeks in the late 70’s and as we moved into the 80’s, if a creek had good looking water, I would generally swim in it without a second thought.

.[/QUOTE]
    The standards left in place are much more stringent then those we had in that time period.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Here's the issue.

News media needs revenue. They get revenue by selling advertisements. The more people see the ads the more money the news company makes. How do you get more eyeballs on the ads, more clicks? You get more clicks by selling outrage.

Just like this thread. The title of this thread is "Clean Water Act of 1972 dismantled". As well as many media posts. Of course everyone should be outraged. So we all want to click on the links to read the stories. We read the stories, and because we see "quotes" we think it must be accurate and factual. Now our outrage is confirmed. So we engage on the topic. Clicking more links.

Except, just because something is in quotes or accurate doesn't make it factual. Which is why I don't think the majority of the population understand the difference between FACT and Opinion.

The Title of the thread and many other media posts should read, Rolling Back some Obama era regulations, OR, Eliminating some 2015 EPA regulations to help property owners.

But those headlines wouldn't sell.
    Thanos was the hero

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I remember how we bitched about the new regs in the lounge because it would make a ditch on a farm that filled with water when it rained regulated by the Federal gov't. We are rolling those regs back.

And, rolling back FEDERAL regulations, does NOTHING to STATE regulations. Our waters are still protected. Unless you think that ditch on private property that occasionally fills up with rain water is a wetland and taxpayers should be paying to protect it
    Thanos was the hero

If some people were fish and some quotes were bait they’d be caught....some of us are big fish because we wait to see what’s real before we bite...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    If some people were fish and some quotes were bait they’d be caught....some of us are big fish because we wait to see what’s real before we bite...
    Nicely said, jump to conclusions and you'll look like a "________"! Insert whatever fits!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

15. Banned

If you’ve been here on the BBC long enough, you know where the line is. Come on, dude. This topic should absolutely be dear and close to the heart of any genuine person that truly loves to fish and appreciate the outdoors.

For You (the 'other me') something to listen to whilst You ponder that issue.. You 'may' recognize the name and immediately think of a an old Oater each time You see an Amber Lamps chasing attorney

16. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Here's the issue.

News media needs revenue. They get revenue by selling advertisements. The more people see the ads the more money the news company makes. How do you get more eyeballs on the ads, more clicks? You get more clicks by selling outrage.

Just like this thread. The title of this thread is "Clean Water Act of 1972 dismantled". As well as many media posts. Of course everyone should be outraged. So we all want to click on the links to read the stories. We read the stories, and because we see "quotes" we think it must be accurate and factual. Now our outrage is confirmed. So we engage on the topic. Clicking more links.

Except, just because something is in quotes or accurate doesn't make it factual. Which is why I don't think the majority of the population understand the difference between FACT and Opinion.

The Title of the thread and many other media posts should read, Rolling Back some Obama era regulations, OR, Eliminating some 2015 EPA regulations to help property owners.

But those headlines wouldn't sell.
    You sir, will have to leave. We cant have that level of rationalism and common sense in the middle of a BBC freak out. On a more serious note, I welcome the roll back. I have a pond in my front yard that my dad built in 1969. the only reason it has water in it is because humans put it there. If I stop the water from the creek from coming(its piped) the pond will dry up in 3 weeks if it don't rain. I tried to fill it in a few years ago and someone told on me and now I cant even weedeat to the waters edge because some government agent deemed it a "wetland".
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    I knew a machine shop owner that would take 55 gallon drums of used coolant and dump them in the creek on his farm that fed to a small river that flowed to the Mississippi. Regulations are in place for a reason.
    #1. He is a dickhead.
    #2. Was that EVER legal?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    You sir, will have to leave. We cant have that level of rationalism and common sense in the middle of a BBC freak out. On a more serious note, I welcome the roll back. I have a pond in my front yard that my dad built in 1969. the only reason it has water in it is because humans put it there. If I stop the water from the creek from coming(its piped) the pond will dry up in 3 weeks if it don't rain. I tried to fill it in a few years ago and someone told on me and now I cant even weedeat to the waters edge because some government agent deemed it a "wetland".
    All through the 80's and 90's there was a classic environmental groups vs industry battle over construction of a deepwater port in Penobscot Bay (midcoast Maine). Work commenced but then an injunction stopped the project. It sat idle for a few years until the courts sided with industry. When they went to resume work, environmental watchdogs discovered that the areas offshore that had been cleared of rocks and stuff were now covered with eelgrass which is a protected habitat for something or other. So EPA stepped in and stopped work again.

Industry argued that the eelgrass habitat didn't exist until they created it and offered to go down the shore a ways and create more that they'd leave as an environmental buffer, etc. Back and forth it went. In the end, the environmental groups prevailed in the war of attrition and the port was never built. But my dad got a good lesson in politics out of it when the towns tried to get our senator to intervene with the EPA. They learned that you had to make a 5-figure donation to the war chest if you wanted an audience with Saint George, our advocate in congress. Otherwise, he was simply too busy.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

For You (the 'other me') something to listen to whilst You ponder that issue.. You 'may' recognize the name and immediately think of a an old Oater each time You see an Amber Lamps chasing attorney

This story broke about a year ago and since it hit closed to home, I have done quite a bit of research. It absolutely does what it says it will do. It eases restrictions on corporations and commercial farming to reduce the costs of waste management. Monsanto ruined lake Hartwell by dumping PCB's into the 3 and 20 creek which is one of the main tributaries of the lake. 50 years later and there are still extremely high levels in our lake. There are even signs posted at every ramp to not eat the fish. Another huge paper processing plant that makes diapers just built on the lake use the lake water for their bleaching process. As it stands, it costs them millions/yr. to handle the waste generated from this process. Not any more, it will go right into the lake. I am a conservative but I'm also a conservationist. One day people will wake up and realize that politicians cater to the people that line their pockets and fund their campaigns. And 10.......
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast