Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    It’s fun to use the photos to pose my Elite action figures in the dioramas I have in various places around the house.

So real, it’s like I’m there!
    Dang never thought of that do you ever invite friends over to play Pro Bass Fishing Tournament?

It would be way cheaper than dragging your boat to a tournament your not fishing in and burning through a couple of tanks of gas.

I promise not to have any of my Pro Action figures antagonize Psychonelli or steal any spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Dang never thought of that do you ever invite friends over to play Pro Bass Fishing Tournament?

It would be way cheaper than dragging your boat to a tournament your not fishing in and burning through a couple of tanks of gas.

I promise not to have any of my Pro Action figures antagonize Psychonelli or steal any spots.
    Do I ever? That's a silly question; do you know how long the winters are up here?

Hatcreek posted the biggest reason my Swindle action figure went out and got a Dude Wipes sponsorship, as he had to wait to take care of business, until my Duckett figure left his spot.

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Banned
    Find a different lake to fish.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    If you want to watch in-depth what they’re doing, sign up to be a Marshall or watch it on Live coverage.

There are a lot of issues involved with following these guys around, fans can unintentionally (or intentionally) affect the outcome.

Dont believe it? Send a pm to Jason Quinn, he’s a member here. He stood a very good chance of winning a Classic, which would’ve been career changing for him. Instead, the mob of idiots chasing him all around the lake piled into his areas, muddying the water, making noise, and throwing big enough wakes into the docks he was fishing that a homeowners dog literally was washed off a floating dock into the lake. It was a circus.

Then you have to factor in the guys who fish the same spot when a pro leaves, not knowing if they’re swinging back by in an hour after letting the spot rest. There have been multiple events, including Classics, where multiple boats have done this. Yes, it affects the outcome. It’s not that someone’s on a planned vacation and randomly hit the same spot, it’s guys targeting certain pros. And yes, there are idiots who deliberately fish around the pro trying to “compete”

It doesn’t mean spots are forever off limits, don’t be ridiculous. That’s the argument made by those who can’t find their own fish. Boat docks, bridge piling, points, etc are obvious spots. There are other areas you can find doing map study. The less obvious places that don’t show up on a mapping chip? Go out and find them instead of following pros around like a lovesick teen with a waypoint fetish.
    And why should that bother anyone? I don't follow anyone, I sure don't watch the pros or anyone tournament fishing, but it is a public body of water. I treat everyone the same, with courtesy and give them room, but if they are fishing a body of water I fish and they are fishing a spot I normally fish, I will fish before or after they leave, no matter what day it is.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Find a different lake to fish.
    Why? Do they own the lake? Did the states sell the lakes to pros?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos273v View Post
    No but some people worship these guys like little Gods. I mean I'd stay out of there way, but like you said its not an off limits lake.

8. Member
    Imagine golf without the barriers and security making people be quiet while they swing. Fortunately for them they play on private property and can enforce whatever they want. Most spectators are courteous but trust me there will be a few who arent. There is always a guy who goes right up in his hip pocket and wants to measure di%%s. There is always a couple who stay behind and fish. Everytime

9. Member
    Better coverage on your phone or computer.

10. Member
    I'd like to see MLB adopt some of the PGA rules. Don't pitch until the entire place is silent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    I'd like to see MLB adopt some of the PGA rules. Don't pitch until the entire place is silent.
    Good Idea get the Marshal those Quiet Please Signs at least they'd get a chance to stand up instead of being confined to sitting down

12. Member
    Its alot like a happy gilmore scene

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    Imagine golf without the barriers and security making people be quiet while they swing. Fortunately for them they play on private property and can enforce whatever they want. Most spectators are courteous but trust me there will be a few who arent. There is always a guy who goes right up in his hip pocket and wants to measure di%%s. There is always a couple who stay behind and fish. Everytime
    Once bass fishing becomes popular enough to sell tickets to spectators they can be like golf where places will build private lakes to host their events. Until then, they will have to deal with the dummies that they need to buy their lures to keep them employed. Can we please stop comparing fishing to real sports that people pay to watch.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

14. Member
    The golfing references remind me of a point I've brought up before. What if each pro had a "Caddie" rather than a Marshall? Allowed to retie lines, fix sandwiches and watch the electronics while filming the action. I think it's a good concept and would share the "wealth". A good caddie should get 10% of the winnings right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushbeater View Post
    The golfing references remind me of a point I've brought up before. What if each pro had a "Caddie" rather than a Marshall? Allowed to retie lines, fix sandwiches and watch the electronics while filming the action. I think it's a good concept and would share the "wealth". A good caddie should get 10% of the winnings right?
    Heck yeah what a creative and innovative idea. There would be individuals lined up for 20 miles for an opportunity like that.

When considering all the money in Professional Bass Fishing you could quit your job. So say your Pro doesn't win big the knowledge you'd gain will only expedite your own fishing career.

The BBC is always on the forefront of great ideas.

16. Banned
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

17. Member
    And why should that bother anyone? I don't follow anyone, I sure don't watch the pros or anyone tournament fishing, but it is a public body of water. I treat everyone the same, with courtesy and give them room, but if they are fishing a body of water I fish and they are fishing a spot I normally fish, I will fish before or after they leave, no matter what day it is.
    The original topic implied the OP was going to follow pros around and join the crowds watching them fish.

My reply had nothing to do with what you posted.

18. Member
    Years ago my daughter, young grandson and I were way up in a Potomac tributary fishing a regular "hot spot" kown to all during an Elite and an Elite boat pulled up near us to fish. I hollared to him and said we will move for you to come in here. His response was "no, stay there and enjoy your day with your family" and moved on to another spot. Don't know who it was.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Stay off the water
    Sure that's why people spend 50-80K on boats, another 30-60K on trucks and thousands on tackle. Maybe the season is 6 months long depending on the state and some people can only fish weekends. Add in family obligations and bad weather that eats into some of those days and you have what's remaining so of course if the pros come to town you should stay off the water for those 4 days which always go through a weekend and lose a few more.

Its a pretty interesting tread. Its happened to me, plan a trip, get there to find out theres a tourny, not everyone puts the pro schedule in their calendar. You go out fishing, treat it all like any other day. Show respect, as the pros should also. My experience has been that most will be respectful of you, and if they would like to fish near you, they ask in a good way, I oblige. I have had the asshat too, and I am not so willing. If they just come barging in and think they have the right, I would just keep fishing. As they say its a two way street. The good guys far out weight the bad, no one owns the water. Respect goes a long way. Treat the Janitor like the CEO.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast