Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    If they aint catching anything, rub up to them, throw a hand full of plastics in their boat and tell em that's what you are catchin them on, lol

Give them room, its their living
    SAL 544
    13.11 lbs
    Lake Fork TX
    2/19/13

Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    If the pros were given the option of having a fleet of boats follow them or not in the tournament, the majority would not want it. Just speaking what we know is true.

Of course, but if given the choice to fish for a living with fans or dig ditches with no fans they have all chosen to fish.

without fans they are fishing local club derby’s and no one will give a damn about them but their family.
    Last edited by Bill2e; 01-24-2020 at 06:31 AM.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Get yourself a jersey that says "McScrubberson" across the back, and then track down Iconelli. He'll remember you.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    If the pros were given the option of having a fleet of boats follow them or not in the tournament, the majority would not want it. Just speaking what we know is true.
    Spent many many hours in the boats of the Elites over the years, and EVERY single one has talked about how they absolutely HATE for people to follow them around. Some have even gone way overboard just trying to lose all the spectators.

5. Member
    Stay off the water
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Really you mean when a tournament is gone you wouldn't go fish the spots the pros caught em on if the conditions were the same? Lol seriously?
    Absolutely not. Why would I? Why would you?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Absolutely not. Why would I? Why would you?
    Perhaps to learn something??? Are the spots forever off limits? You can watch hours of archived bass footage to find spots and learn why they chose that area with the given conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Spent many many hours in the boats of the Elites over the years, and EVERY single one has talked about how they absolutely HATE for people to follow them around. Some have even gone way overboard just trying to lose all the spectators.
    But they all love the sponsorship dollars those same fans provide them.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Perhaps to learn something??? Are the spots forever off limits? You can watch hours of archived bass footage to find spots and learn why they chose that area with the given conditions.
    Please refer to post #45.

They are pros; once they discover and adopt a spot, it’s theirs to perpetuity, like a vein of gold in a hillside.

10. Member
    I assume this should have been in green type.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post

They are pros; once they discover and adopt a spot, it’s theirs to perpetuity, like a vein of gold in a hillside.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

11. Banned

I think C-rig is fishing so to speak... if not he has a one of a kind opinion for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    But they all love the sponsorship dollars those same fans provide them.
    Yep.

13. Member
    Just take your binoculars, stay way back and watch them.
    I would say stay way way clear of the landing they are using (Blastoff is no time to be navigating through spectator boats). And when they come in 2 minutes before check-in, they don't want to have to come off plane and navigate through the masses.
    Leave guys plenty of room to exit pocket, creeks, bridges or coves. If they are leaving an area, keep your boat still. Don't make them guess what you will do. Don't even pull up your TM until after they have passed by (stand on the deck and don't get behind the wheel). This gives them the choice on what path they want to take (and they will be WFO).

Common courtesy, it's a few days on your home waters where you probably should not fish. You'll have the other 355 days a year to go back and whack em.

staying off the water is the best thing to do IMO.. but if you do go, stay as far back as possible and dont fish. "BuT iTs PuBliC wAteR!"..relax.. these guys are legit fishing to live. unpuff your chest and go fish somewhere else. dont be an extra element or variable in a day already filled with a hundred.
    2015 Ranger Z119C - 2018 Mercury 225 Pro XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    Pathetic.
    Bingo
    "No man stands taller than one who stoops to help a child"

Quote Originally Posted by RevoElite7 View Post
    staying off the water is the best thing to do IMO.. but if you do go, stay as far back as possible and dont fish. "BuT iTs PuBliC wAteR!"..relax.. these guys are legit fishing to live. unpuff your chest and go fish somewhere else. dont be an extra element or variable in a day already filled with a hundred.
    The OP planned his dream vacation to fish the St John's long before the Elites Planned the event.

I booked my place on the river last July - Long before the Elites planned their event.

So are you saying the OP should change his vacation and I need to stay off the water............

Not happening - I am certainly not going to ride up on ANYONE fishing, but i'll be on the water. I won't fish any spots I learned about from seeing the pros fish during the event, but I damn sure will the following weekend.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Exactly, Hoot; you have to get real close if we want to grow the sport.

The sponsors want you in there tight enough to smell their bad breath.
    Why Hail Yes!!! That is all part of "Living the Dream" if you don't want to be a part of the process don't wrap your boat up like a NASCAR Ride and prance around on the deck with a shirt with your name on the back that is just a smaller version of the boat wrap while wearing neon colored shoes that scream "Hey Look at Me"

Some poor guy takes his vacation just to watch his heroes up close and they don't want him around but then want him to spend his hard earned money on their sponsor's products.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelleak View Post
    Unfortunately for me I am on the St. Johns river Feb. 1st thru the 8th. Had this vacation booked long before the Elite series schedule was posted. At least that was far as I knew otherwise I would of headed somewhere else. So Im going to be fishing right in the middle of this practice and tourney. Going to try to get away from any Elites but good luck to me. This was a bucket list thing Ive always wanted to do which was to go to Florida but now Im wondering what Ive gotten myself into. Got a cottage and a dock on the water and really don't want to get in anybody's way but I guess Ill do my best not to interfere.

It's a big waterway. You may not see a single one of them all week.

19. Member
    I say go out, find fish, and have fun fishing them, don't worry about the pros. If one of them happens to come up on you and the spot you are fishing then make a decision based on his attitude if he asks you if he can have the spot, maybe offer to share the spot as you might learn something.

Remember they have a no info rule so you could say something to them, "hey this spot is loaded and you should throw a crankbait", they will have to leave the area or risk DQ for receiving information.

They don't own the water so don't let them ruin your trip, go fish and relax.

20. Member
    Just go have fun, Stay back, Stay out of the way. Don't fish there spots. Some will interact with you. Some will not. Attachment 391632 Brandon Palaniuk giving my son and I a high five.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast