sell it, part it, or junk it?

I bought a trolling motor to replace a Motorguide Digital Tour 70. The only thing wrong with the Motorguide was that the breakaway mount was beginning to fail more often and more easily. According to those I asked, the mount is no longer made, so if you want to fix it you'd have to fabricate the sheet that goes into the mount in order to restore the friction or whatever it is that makes it take more pressure before the breakaway happens. I had been looking to upgrade anyway, so I didn't bother doing anything to it. Now that I have the new trolling motor, I'm wondering what to do with the old one. Do I sell it as is, sell it for parts, or just junk it? Just looking for opinions since the only other trolling motor I've sold was in great condition and had parts available if something broke. Any input would be appreciated.

You can get the older mounts with some creative searching. I replaced one of my Tour model mounts with a white saltwater Gator model and then had the springs added.

I think this was the source:
    https://trollingmotorparts.com/motor...-guide-mounts/
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks for the info Wayne. Unfortunately at this point I've already purchased the new trolling motor to replace the Motorguide, so I don't plan on trying to replace the Motorguide mount. But knowing that one could probably be obtained might be useful for a potential buyer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    I bought a trolling motor to replace a Motorguide Digital Tour 70. The only thing wrong with the Motorguide was that the breakaway mount was beginning to fail more often and more easily. According to those I asked, the mount is no longer made, so if you want to fix it you'd have to fabricate the sheet that goes into the mount in order to restore the friction or whatever it is that makes it take more pressure before the breakaway happens. I had been looking to upgrade anyway, so I didn't bother doing anything to it. Now that I have the new trolling motor, I'm wondering what to do with the old one. Do I sell it as is, sell it for parts, or just junk it? Just looking for opinions since the only other trolling motor I've sold was in great condition and had parts available if something broke. Any input would be appreciated.
    Did your tour not come with a Gator mount? All the parts I am aware of are still avaiable for the tour Mount from Motor guide.