Thread: Z519 Trailer?

Z519 Trailer?

I'm looking at a Z519 and was wondering if anyone had any complaints with a single axle trailer. Seems like a lot of boat for a single axle but dealer has one in stock.

I have a single axle on my z518c. I love it because it is easy to move. It does great on the highway also. The z519 doesnt weigh much more than a z518. The advantage of the tandum axle is if you have a flat you can drive to somewhere safe to change the tire. The tandum trailer is safer if you have a flat but two more tires to buy. Also, more expensive fender if the flat tire hits it.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

3. Member
    I run a Z119, same basic boat, with a single axle trailer. I haul a lot of gear, gas, etc and have never had issues. I do use the Goodyear endurance tires which offer a great load rating for the single axle. My dad runs a Ranger 1880 Mulit Species which weighs a lot more than a bass boat and it’s the same single axle and trailer (no issues). The single axle is a heavier axle (I believe 4500#) to achieve the same load rating whereas the tandems are two lighter axles (I believe 2800 or 3200#). For me single works fine, if I had more room in storage to maneuver and added jackplate and anchors I’d probably go tandem.
    Single axle pros
    - less tires/hubs to maintain
    - easy to move by hand
    -very easy to maneuver in tight quarters

Tandem axle pros
    - extra tires and hubs if one goes south on you
    - looks cooler (at least I think)

Just my 2 cents, sweet boats
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

I own a 2019 519 with tandem axle and have pulled a 2017 519 single axle. The only difference I could tell was going over rough roads there was more sway and bounce with single. But not bad overall.
    Eddie Proctor

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I had a bad experience before on a single axle but I've had plenty others with no issues. Just wanted to get some input.

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by llsdjv View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I had a bad experience before on a single axle but I've had plenty others with no issues. Just wanted to get some input.
    Ranger makes such a good trailer i don't think you'd have an issue provided you keep an eye on the tires. No doubt experience quicker tire wear. Ranger used to use a heavier axle for singles. Not sure if that's still the case.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    I think a lot depends on how much you load up the boat.
    Power Poles
    4-5 Batteries
    Extra graphs
    Spotlock trolling motor
    All these add more weight To the boat and affects trailer needs. The great advantage to
    a tandem trailer is that they pull a lot better on the highway. No bouncing up and down is
    a big factor for me. If you have a tight area to put the boat in the tandem can be a disadvantage.
    I will never have anything but tandem but in larger boats they are standard. Good luck.

8. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    I think a lot depends on how much you load up the boat.
    Power Poles
    4-5 Batteries
    Extra graphs
    Spotlock trolling motor
    All these add more weight To the boat and affects trailer needs. The great advantage to
    a tandem trailer is that they pull a lot better on the highway. No bouncing up and down is
    a big factor for me. If you have a tight area to put the boat in the tandem can be a disadvantage.
    I will never have anything but tandem but in larger boats they are standard. Good luck.
    225 on the back too. Have heard it mentioned that the singles see quicker tire wear.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD