Question Any canoe fishermen / fisherwomen?

Lots of Kayak talk, not much on canoes.

Looking for a shallow water anchor mount for my canoe if anyone has any ideas or links.

Thanks

I don't have a canoe but my buddy does, he fixed a plate on the side with JB Weld. Think he just got some scrap aluminum that would support the weight. I don't have one on my kayak.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    I used to fish out of a Coleman Ram-X 15 from 1990-1995. I simply used an 8-10 pound mushroom anchor aver the side and slid the line between my seat bracket and gunnel. You could also mount a cleat of some sort as well. Shallow water anchors would have been useless for most of the lakes I fished- they were simply too deep.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I think I found a solution. I'll post pics once I get things installed

14' Meyers Sportspal. The round thing in front of the seat on the thwart bar is a retractable clothesline reel. I replaced the vinyl clothesline with 45' of paracord rope which has the anchor tied to it. On the starboard side gunnel between the seat and the thwart is a cleat to tie off. I deploy the anchor, tie off on the cleat and any excess anchor line is automatically retracted into the reel leaving no excess rope on the floor.

Ranting incoherently

6. Member
    Nice rig! I had my deep cycle battery positioned on the end for counterweight as well-are long heavy gauge wire . Since my Ram-X was pointed on both ends, I sat in what would be the front seat but 180 degrees, since that put my weight more towards the middle of the canoe.

7. Member
    Nice rig! Love the retractable clothesline idea. Here's what I came up with this weekend.
    Anchor mount.jpg

8. Member
    I have a mad river passage 14. I've had it since 2010. This year my wife and I are buying 2 kayaks so our 2 kids 8 and 11 can all go paddling together.

^^What models are you looking at?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin