Thread: ARK rods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ARK rods

Anyone use them?

I asked about them a while back, got some good feedback, i have not purchased yet

3. Banned
    Great rods for the money. My friend loves his Invokers, and I have the Sniper and Lancer.

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies..

5. Member
    Most of my rods are Ark. I have not had a problem with one and they are very sensitive. You will be happy if you get one. Also costumer service is great.

6. Member
    I love me some Ark rods. I have several Lancer Pro’s, 2 Invoker Pro’s and one Invoker, and 2 Randall Tharp Hammers and one Randall Tharp Grinder. Those Honey Badger Hammer’s might be the best rods I have ever fished with, definitely my favorite, it’s a lot of rod for the money. I reach for it over my Expride that cost a whole lot more.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes250r View Post
    I love me some Ark rods. I have several Lancer Pro’s, 2 Invoker Pro’s and one Invoker, and 2 Randall Tharp Hammers and one Randall Tharp Grinder. Those Honey Badger Hammer’s might be the best rods I have ever fished with, definitely my favorite, it’s a lot of rod for the money. I reach for it over my Expride that cost a whole lot more.
    How do you like those Lancers pro?

8. Member
    Duh I need my glasses! I like the Lancer pro’s a lot too. They are the same blanks as Honey Badgers just slightly different reel seats. For $99 it is a steal of a deal. They are very light, fast and well balanced.
    Last edited by Mikes250r; 01-24-2020 at 08:36 PM.

9. Member
    Dont give alot of reviews but bought 3 invoker and 1 sniper 1 lancer last Christmas. Have had to glue eyes back in all but one and that's with little use. Then broke the sniper and it took multiple calls and 4 or 5 months to get the rod replaced. So I say dont buy.

10. Member
    I have a Randall Tharp King Cobra rod, light and good backbone, very slight tip heavy. I have only tried 1/2 flipping jigs so far, very sensitive, couple days ago I fished in high winds and had a big bow in my line because if it, I could still feel the fish hit my jig, very nice rod. Looking at getting one for swim jigs too.

11. Member
    I only own a couple of Tharp series rods right now but I'm thinking I'll use mostly Ark rods moving forward. The blanks are a fantastic value, the components are good, and I really like their actions. I know a guy that signed on with them about a year ago and he said the owner is a good guy as well. He said he couldn't believe they're able to sell those blanks at that price.

12. Member
    I picked up multiple Ark rods over Black Friday, including two from the Reinforcer series.

I have the 6'10 ML spinning and 7'3 MH casting.

I'm super impressed with the rods. They are light, well balanced, and very slick looking. Also they have this unique non sanded blank that I really really like.

TackleTour has some good reviews on the Reinforcer line up.

13. Member
    Love the Tharp cobra rod , well balanced, good sensitivity and nice build . I own tons of rods nrx , glx ,ALX ,Phenix, Megabass,Powell ,13fishing
    exprides and arks . For the money and value I like Phenix and a close second arks
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

14. Member
    I had one Ark Sniper. It was a spinning rod (6'10" ML XFast). I got a good deal on it, but even at full retail I thought it was a very good rod for the money. It was light (4.05 oz) although a tad tip heavy, a true extra fast rod and had excellent sensitivity. Appeared to be well built and seemed very durable for the couple years I fished it.

I just received a 7’1” Reinforcer Spinning rod
    Super light and well built can’t wait to fish it

Ark Tharp series is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I use the okechobe special for A rigs. Have a money maker that is an outstanding frog rod. Off shore special is a great trap and swimbait rod. Very light, sensitive and durable.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    Ark Tharp series is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I use the okechobe special for A rigs. Have a money maker that is an outstanding frog rod. Off shore special is a great trap and swimbait rod. Very light, sensitive and durable.
    agree totally , I’m a loomis guy and I have hard time putting my Tharp hammer and Money maker down ! Very impressed with Ark rods !

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    I picked up the Money Maker and B-Hittay. Only got out once last year to the spot where I test new gear. No fish caught yet with them. Looking forward to this year as I have several new rods and reels to try. Well...most reels are new-2-me with a couple new added in. Glad to hear the Tharp series is well thought of. Like what little reviews I could find on them.

Just got my Ark Invoker Pro 7' MH casting rod.
    Nice build, looks and feels solid. Casting in the yard it has everything I would expect from a MH casting rod. Rod weighs 4.5 oz so light and well balanced with a Shimano Scorpion 1000.
    Overall very pleased. Can't comment on sensitivity yet but looking forward to using it.

Also got a Tharp Series Rod same range 7' Hammer model. Not as nice as the Invoker and had a smaller handle that I didn't like as much. $20 cheaper than the Invoker.
    Same attributes as the Invoker, nice build solid and it weighs in at 4.5 oz also.

As I mentioned in the post above I also purchase as 7'1" Med. Reinforcer Spinning rod. That may find it's way into my NRX lineup. It is that good.

I just purchased the 7'3" and the 6'10" Reinforcer Spinning rods. Can't wait for these.
    Last edited by Mr.Bass; 03-19-2021 at 05:59 PM.

20. Member
    I just received a Tharp series B hittay from a fellow member here.Haven't used it yet but I'm super impressed with the build, weight and balance for the money.Can't wait to sling chatter baits with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast