Thread: ARK rods

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    I just received a Tharp series B hittay from a fellow member here.Haven't used it yet but I'm super impressed with the build, weight and balance for the money.Can't wait to sling chatter baits with it.
    So I got out today with the B-Hitty. What a great rod for chatter baits. I went 7 for 7 on LM.All but one were hooked back in the roof of the mouth(1 had it in the upper lip). Solid hook ups for fish biting in 46 deg water.

2. Member
    So I got out today with the B-Hitty. What a great rod for chatter baits. I went 7 for 7 on LM.All but one were hooked back in the roof of the mouth(1 had it in the upper lip). Solid hook ups for fish biting in 46 deg water.

Nice! I had thought I'd go out last Saturday. Was a beautiful day, but I was so tired I took two naps during the day. Looking forward to using my B-Hattay with the new chatterbaits I got over the winter.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    Nice! I had thought I'd go out last Saturday. Was a beautiful day, but I was so tired I took two naps during the day. Looking forward to using my B-Hattay with the new chatterbaits I got over the winter.
    Get yourself out there. They’re starting to turn on here!

The B-Hitty is the real deal and a bargain at that. I am using this rod over my NRX 853. Much better hook up ratio.

5. Member
    Where the heck are you catching 7 bass in an outing in this area? Using a boat?

6. Member
    I ordered an invoker limited edition.... once TW ships it I'll let you know my thoughts

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    I ordered an invoker limited edition.... once TW ships it I'll let you know my thoughts

im guessing you will be pleased , I can’t put mine down !

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badboyjigs View Post
    Hope so! Looks like a jdm rod... so I really wanted to give it a go!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badboyjigs View Post
    Rod looks and feels great! Yet to get it out on the water as I'm waiting for reel shipping from Japan... and a little bummed I missed out on the sale from tacklewarehouse on the arks, but whatever. I have rod #55... which is kinda cool

I bought a Invoker on a whim for buzz baits. I have been pleasantly surprised by how they perform. I went from 1 to 6 after the TW sale. The B-Hittay is a killer chatter bait rod for the money. I keep reaching for this rod and not my NRX 853C that was my go to chatter bait rod.

I had a real chance to put these rods to use this past weekend. Had a tournament and bass were on the beds and pre spawn. I usually use spinning tackle so I went with the Ark Reinforcer 6"10" ML. I was blown away with the power and sensitivity of this rod. Perfect soft tip and quick pick up to the power. I am blown away by these rods. Got it for $260 on sale at TW. Easily a rod that should be priced in the $400 price range. I reached for this rod ahead of my NRX 872S and that is my favorite rod.

I also have fished with some of the Tharp series rods and have landed a few. Really like these rods as well. I am leaning towards the Invoker series as I think you get a little more rod for the money.

Don't hesitate to purchase these rods from any of the series.

12. Member
    Got my invoker limited out yesterday for the first time, threw an s crank around on it a bit... way to much rod for the squarebill (it's the 7'2" mh) but the rod felt great and was very crisp... have it paired with the new 2021 scorpion dc

13. Member
    I’ve had Invokers and Tharps for about 2 years now, great blanks, best actions I’ve ever used. But QC is not there, guides pull out due to guide placement, the finishing hoods above the reel seat come off, the butt caps come loose. And any model below an Invoker has bad guides that shred your line. I used to be a die hard Ark rods guy but once these issues started arising I couldn’t do it anymore, I’ve been fishing for 20 years now and I prefer rods that don’t need to be warrantied, guide repaired, or replaced every 10 months
    I recently I have been getting my rods custom built by Scenko Stix, Alex Terescenko from West Palm Beach, Fl makes a very fine custom rod, most attention to detail that I’ve EVER seen period in any rod. He builds them exactly how you want, color, graphics, guide, material, guide size, reel seat, handles, everything. He packs the rod in an almost bulletproof rod tube for shipping as well.
    Follow him on @ScenkoStix on Instagram or Scenko stix on Facebook.
    Last edited by Mattbassmaster; 05-25-2021 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Misspell

14. Banned
    I am still slowly converting to all ARK rods. I like them more than the loomis that I own

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbassmaster View Post
    I’ve had Invokers and Tharps for about 2 years now, great blanks, best actions I’ve ever used. But QC is not there, guides pull out due to guide placement, the finishing hoods above the reel seat come off, the butt caps come loose. And any model below an Invoker has bad guides that shred your line. I used to be a die hard Ark rods guy but once these issues started arising I couldn’t do it anymore, I’ve been fishing for 20 years now and I prefer rods that don’t need to be warrantied, guide repaired, or replaced every 10 months
    I recently I have been getting my rods custom built by Scenko Stix, Alex Terescenko from West Palm Beach, Fl makes a very fine custom rod, most attention to detail that I’ve EVER seen period in any rod. He builds them exactly how you want, color, graphics, guide, material, guide size, reel seat, handles, everything. He packs the rod in an almost bulletproof rod tube for shipping as well.
    Follow him on @ScenkoStix on Instagram or Scenko stix on Facebook.
    This tracks. I haven't had as many issues as you but you're right about the components. I still think they're a great deal. Ark rods, with the exception of the Reinforcer, seem to be outstanding blanks for the price with good enough components. I actually like the guides on the Tharp series better than those on the Invokers. I suspect my rod purchases moving forward will be either Ark or Daiwa. Those two seem to offer the best value for me but there are a lot of people that make good rods.

If performance and quality trump price then I suspect the Reinforcer would do fine. They're $350 but top of the line. I'm a $150 and below kind of guy when it comes to rods but the Reinforcer seems as good as anything else out there from the big companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman90 View Post
    I am still slowly converting to all ARK rods. I like them more than the loomis that I own
    I am doing the same thing. I had a tournament Saturday and caught them all on Ark rods.
    My NRX rods never came out of the box. I really love the value and the performance of the Tharp and the Invoker series.

I bought a lancer pro 7'2 heavy 3/8 - 2 oz ,at the local tackle shop today. I needed a extra rod for toads. It's plenty stout , feels good with a tatula ct.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 10-07-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    I bought a lancer pro 7'2 heavy 3/8 - 2 oz ,at the local tackle shop today. I needed a extra rod for toads. It's plenty stout , feels good with a tatula ct.
    I have 2 of them in my Florida/Big O kit. One is always rigged with a frog the other with a 5/8 tungsten, dual stops and a 4/0 Flipping hook. They're perfect for the purpose and if I blow one up, it doesn't hurt that bad. They're plenty damn sensitive too. Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by a1712 View Post
    I have 2 of them in my Florida/Big O kit. One is always rigged with a frog the other with a 5/8 tungsten, dual stops and a 4/0 Flipping hook. They're perfect for the purpose and if I blow one up, it doesn't hurt that bad. They're plenty damn sensitive too. Brian.

Yeah I was very surprised at how sensitive it is. I ended up giving it to my nephew , he needed a frog rod. I think I'm gonna either pick up a Hammer 7'3 extra heavy or a Dobyns Sierra 735.

20. Member
    One of the few rods on my deck still going with out any maintenance or love.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast