Lowrance HDS Live 12 Units - Brightness Difference?

Hi,

I have 2 - HDS LIVE 12's on my console. My transducer is the SS 3D. When I have the side imaging on the screens, both displaying the left side, my left unit is much brighter than the right. On the contrast, the left is Auto + 2, the right is Auto + 3. If I go to 2D sonar, the brightness looks about the same. Is there a possible problem with the ethernet cable or possibly the SS3D module?

HDS Live 12 Brightness Difference.jpg
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

Interesting.. I have not seen that before. Do you have the screen brightness setup to sync with all units on the network? If you don't, is the brightness at the same level on both units?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinnis_Fishing16 View Post
    Interesting.. I have not seen that before. Do you have the screen brightness setup to sync with all units on the network? If you don't, is the brightness at the same level on both units?
    Yes, when I adjust the brightness on one, it adjust the others. I guess I could swap the units and see if the problem stays with the unit or the side. That would at least narrow it down to a unit or the ethernet cable or 3D module.
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

4. Member
    That is what I would do; I would first swap the ethernet cable behind each HDS and observe any difference. Next I would do the same at the 3D StructureScan box. It could be the connection at the HDS, or the Ethernet Cable, or the connection on the StructureScan box, or the port of the StructureScan box. Let us know what you find out.
    ciao,
    Marc

I believe the auto contrast set point varies with conditions, meaning, the "auto" point where you + or - is not always the same and varies between units. Just adjust as needed for each unit.

6. Member
    I would also make sure you have adequate voltage supply to both units. Proper wire ran directly to the battery.

Under the interface setting you can check NO to network brightness or something to that extent. This should fix it.

8. Member
    Do both Live units have same soft version?
    Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    Hi,

I have 2 - HDS LIVE 12's on my console. My transducer is the SS 3D. When I have the side imaging on the screens, both displaying the left side, my left unit is much brighter than the right. On the contrast, the left is Auto + 2, the right is Auto + 3. If I go to 2D sonar, the brightness looks about the same. Is there a possible problem with the ethernet cable or possibly the SS3D module?

HDS Live 12 Brightness Difference.jpg

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    I would also make sure you have adequate voltage supply to both units. Proper wire ran directly to the battery.
    +1
    I would start by checking the overlay for supply-voltage, it should be the same on both units. If not - fix it.

10. Member
    Yes, both are on 19.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    Do both Live units have same soft version?
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post

I have 10 gauge marine wire run from the battery to a bus bar at the console, with just the live units on it. That should be plenty for the 2 units.
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    +1
    I would start by checking the overlay for supply-voltage, it should be the same on both units. If not - fix it.
    I checked the supply voltage to each unit, both at 12.4. So tomorrow when I am out on the lake, I will swap ethernet cables on the units and see what that shows me.
    2017 ZX250 250 SHO