Can you help me out

My brother and I want to take my Dad to northeast or north central TX the 3rd week of March. This will probably be his last trip. He is on dialysis at 74 years old so we wanted one last trip together. He has fished in several states and Canada but never TX. He is a Marine vet and a retired Tulsa policeman. I know he's my Dad, but I think he's one in a million and I want him to have one more good trip. The issue is he has dialysis from 8am-11am on Fridays and again on Mondays from 8am-11am then again on Wednesdays from 8am-11am. He cannot miss those times. With that in mind, we have only a Saturday and Sunday to fish. I have been to Fork numerous times. I would like to find something with less boat traffic. Big fish would be nice of course, but just a fun trip catching decent fish is what we need. Where would you go in this situation? Feel free to send me a message and thanks to those who respond.

2. Banned
    If you were interested in coming out to Ivie in west central Texas for a few day I could help put y’all on some fish and if he needed to do dialysis while he was here my wife runs a Dialysis clinic in San Angelo, easy 45 minute drive back and forth.

3. Member
    Thank you for the offer. That may be an option.

4. Member
    PM Sent

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    If you were interested in coming out to Ivie in west central Texas for a few day I could help put y’all on some fish and if he needed to do dialysis while he was here my wife runs a Dialysis clinic in San Angelo, easy 45 minute drive back and forth.

Hell of an offer there!

Only lake in central Texas that is decent is LBJ, but it’s got plenty of boat traffic.

6. Banned
    Go to lake Holbrook

7. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Late March on Holbrook is going to be outstanding. It is in the shadow of Fork and people drive right past it to go fish Fork. There are a few major medical facilities within an hour. And the average fish for that time of year will be 4 to 5 lbrs. I am a little bias, but I am also convinced.

Local hotel is a newish Best Western here in Mineola. By that time I will have them surrounded so let me know when you are headed this direction. I will set you up.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

8. Member
    I was looking at Holbrook. Thank you for the offer. I may contact you when the time gets close. We have to wait till almost the last minute to see if Dad will be healthy enough for a short trip.