HDS Live Sonar Settings Question

Have a shoot-thru transducer connected to CH1. Have a 3-in-1 transducer connected to CH2.

Carbon 9 at bow connected via ethernet to HDS Live. However, I am running bow unit sonar on LOCAL, using an HDI transducer. DO NOT need bow unit to read other transducers.

Under Sonar Settings; Internal Sonar CH1 is ON
    Internal Sonar CH2 is ON

What should be the setting for Network Sonar (ON or OFF)?

What should be the setting for Network Sonar Mode (Multi-Source or Single Source)?

Many Thanks.

2. Member
    following.....
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

3. Member
    yeah, following too.
    Bought a used boat and the graphs were reset to factory so I have been trying to set them up myself. Coming from Humminbird Onix series, I am not familiar with Lowrance setup.

Thinking about paying someone to help me through setup of three units. It may be money well spent.
    I have similar setup
    2 HDS Lives at Console
    1 HDS Live at Bow
    3D module in the back
    Shoot through in the bilge
    HDI on trolling motor
    Units are connected to 3D module

I also have Ultrex with built in transducer, I would like for that to be on standby should I ever screw up the HDI mounted on the trolling motor.
    Joey Aderhold

4. Member
    Discovered that terminology is slightly different than my Carbon or HDS 3. My objective is to make the Live unit at the console, and the Carbon unit at the bow, operate on their own. In other words, without networking sonar functions. With advice from Russell Marine, the settings on my Live are as follows:
    Internal Sonar CH1 "ON" (for shoot-thru hull transducer)
    Internal Sonar CH2 "ON" (for 3-in-1 transducer which is mounted on step of Ranger)
    Network Sonar "OFF"
    Network Sonar Mode "Single Source"

Hope this helps.

5. Member
    Correction to last post. Network Sonar Mode is set on “Multi Source.” Otherwise, CH1 & CH2 options don’t not appear.