Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I believe that like most fishing goodies, it's a personal choice thing. Too bad they don't let you "test drive" each trolling motor to make your own comparison.

2. Member
    I’m sure the motor is very quiet. The noise that was amplified was probably nothing more than the propeller. Over the years I have had to replacement propellers that were out of balance, Vibrated or whistled at different rpms buy another one and it’s fine . The new age trolling motors that have came to market are very useful tools in making our fishing a better experience.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    I would not trust that dude. He runs a certain other fishing website in a draconian manner.
    I'm on my final warning over there - Which means I've been put in timeout once before due to mentioning a brand/retailer that's on the forbidden list. Apparently, even in private messages, the rules are still in effect.

4. Banned
    I've owned a Ghost since November and this video is far from the truth. I'll go as far to say it's quieter than the motorguide tour I previously had on the boat. Once the new update has been released where you can connect with lowrance graphs the ghost will be hard to beat.

5. Member
    I don't like listening to that guy, for some reason it just rubs me the wrong way. He is too long winded and takes forever to get to a point. He needs to learn how to be more succinct.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky View Post
    I'm on my final warning over there - Which means I've been put in timeout once before due to mentioning a brand/retailer that's on the forbidden list. Apparently, even in private messages, the rules are still in effect.
    Was it 13 fishing? The mere fact he has a forbidden brand list is absolutely hilarious.

It's a great site if you're new to bass fishing and want to learn the basics. I post on their sometimes to help new timers out. But I straight up do not like the owner. And definitely don't listen to his brand recommendations......a lot of agenda under the covers.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Was it 13 fishing? The mere fact he has a forbidden brand list is absolutely hilarious.

It's a great site if you're new to bass fishing and want to learn the basics. I post on their sometimes to help new timers out. But I straight up do not like the owner. And definitely don't listen to his brand recommendations......a lot of agenda under the covers.
    no, I mentioned Land Big Fish once upon a time in the “where are the best deals” thread. Got warned and put on timeout. Then I did it again like 2 years later. So I’m now on my “final warning”. Yeah, everything about him
    rubs me the wrong way. Especially his technique videos where he never actually seems to catch anything.
    Last edited by adrenalnjunky; 01-26-2020 at 07:36 PM.

8. Member
    Tough room

Doesn't seem so loud in this video!

Last edited by OBT; 01-29-2020 at 08:42 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hermanp View Post
    Tough room

Meh, sad that that Garmin sponsor clown posted that video. I’d be willing to bet, he won’t do a follow up video with the production models.

11. Member
    Not very scientific. It appears that the Ghost is running at higher speed than the Garmin. If a sound test is done on all manufactures' units, it should be with a test procedure that ensures consistency (e.g. same boat, same boat speed, same water conditions, same distance and orientation of the microphone from the trolling motor propeller ) with a microphone, amplifier and recorder that is properly calibrated. When testing the Ghost, they could turn up the volume on the recorder audio and speed of the motor to make it louder than the Garmin. I don't own any of units in the YouTube video.

12. Member
    I thinks it’s a great observation but I would like to see actual frequency and decibel values. Those will be the real tell. Human range of sound and bass range of sound is very different.

Didn't rmp make a steering video and make the ultrex go full speed turn and compare it to slower turns of the other two? Where's the blast from that? Ps I like all videos and this is only off an old memory. I would enjoy stopping at rmp and having several things done to my boat. Very knowledgeable
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Didn't rmp make a steering video and make the ultrex go full speed turn and compare it to slower turns of the other two? Where's the blast from that? Ps I like all videos and this is only off an old memory. I would enjoy stopping at rmp and having several things done to my boat. Very knowledgeable

Slower turns of the other two? What other two are you referring too, no way the ultrex was faster than a ghost or force.

15. Banned
    Good thing that trolling motor video was so un-biased...lol

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Good thing that trolling motor video was so un-biased...lol

The best thing about that guy is when Al dropped the HAMMER on him. What a stooge

17. Member
    I just installed the Lowrance Ghost two weeks ago on my boat. I can attest to the fact that this video is complete nonsense. I can't speak on the other motors but can tell you that the Ghost is very very quiet.

18. Member
    I have around 200 2.5 hour trips on a Ghost. It is very good trolling motor. I've been impressed by the motor. Easyon the batteries. Excellent power. I'm running 24 volts on Bass Cat Lynx and see no reason to go to 36 volts. Heading hold is good and quiet. The foot control is excellent. Your plastic side plates may get noisy. I took mine off and put electrical tape on the surfaces that contact the frame which eliminated an annoying noise. There was some white residue due to the hard water which I cleaned with vinegar which may have been the source of the noise.

Man I wish i would have read this before I bought it....... Nah not really.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabfishin View Post
    I just installed the Lowrance Ghost two weeks ago on my boat. I can attest to the fact that this video is complete nonsense. I can't speak on the other motors but can tell you that the Ghost is very very quiet.
    I agree it is very quiet. on 4 or less you have to look to see if it's running.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast