Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lowrance Ghost... before you buy one, watch this!

Skip to 10:30 mark for a underwater noise comparison. The Ghost is incredibly loud! I’d opt for another option after watching this. Very interesting.

I have a boat.

Just FYI

The motor is extremely quiet. No idea what sound equipment was used making this video. Others will chime in shortly.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Scraps
    Recordings may not be doctored, but what speed was each motor running at when the audio was recorded. The vid lost some credibility when he talked about the power pole control on the pedal. I have two wireless control buttons on my deck to control the poles up/down. Everybody's got them that has shallow water anchors. Would be nice to compare to Ultrex too - for selfish reasons. I'm deciding what route to go along with my Lowrance units.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    I would assume they are all max speed, but we can try and verify. How did it lose credibility for the power pole comment? My understanding is you can program the motor pedal to do it and you wouldn’t have to buy the buttons (I have them too).

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Recordings may not be doctored, but what speed was each motor running at when the audio was recorded. The vid lost some credibility when he talked about the power pole control on the pedal. I have two wireless control buttons on my deck to control the poles up/down. Everybody's got them that has shallow water anchors. Would be nice to compare to Ultrex too - for selfish reasons. I'm deciding what route to go along with my Lowrance units.
    I have a boat.

5. Member
    he explains that it is just a normal underwater camera, nothing special. The fact is, the lowrance is considerable louder, with the same equipment on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Just FYI

The motor is extremely quiet. No idea what sound equipment was used making this video. Others will chime in shortly.
    I have a boat.

6. Member
    Its weird that a brushless is that loud in comparison, wish the had a fortrex/ultrex to see the comparison.

7. Member
    It is not loud. Look at the video produced by Zach Meredith of sound and compare. But if you want to believe it is loud based upon one inadvertent recording with no control or consistency between motors, go for it. It will be your loss. Instead I would suggest riding with someone who has one and check it out for yourself.

I have been running the Ghost for a month now, and test models before that. It is very quiet, very fast, and performs far better than any motor I have tried. And I have caught a lot of bass since using it, so clearly the bass are not spooked by Ghosts. Love the steering, that the head doesn't spin, how effortless it is to deploy and stow, how it automatically positions the prop when stowing it, and much more. I will have a full article published on it next month in WesternBass magazine. I have also been testing the prototype software interface and you will love the convenience of going automatically to a waypoint and anchoring, or running a route, and more.
    ciao,
    Marc

That Lowrance reminds me of the Merc Thrasher...... er, I mean Thruster TMs from years ago.

$3000 for that noise box? I don’t think so.

9. Member
    It may just be a bad prototype in the video. I know Lowrance had to update there software a few times to get things right.
    I find it hard to believe that a company would name their TM "Ghost" and not do an audible test themselves against competitor products.

As for me, I don't own any of the latest TM products. JMO
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

10. Member
    My Lowrance experience has been anything you buy is out dated in a few years , why risk buying a trolling motor from them to start with.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

11. Banned
    That video is a joke, notice in his other videos that he has a Garmin sponsorship. You can smell the BS, as soon as he talks about the Force being quiet and you can hear the RRRRRRR when the motor turns and he tries to dismiss it. If he wants to compare sound, compare it all. Let me see if I can find Zachs video and post it.

A real users video, without the BS.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1025242

12. Member
    I say B.S. to all of this noise issue. I haven't had one issue with noise on that trolling motor . The only recognizable noise is the R2D2 sound from the top of the motor. Fishermen are really missing out not having a ghost on their boat. I have fished with many different brands, and this by far is the absolute hands down best trolling motor I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    That video is a joke, notice in his other videos that he has a Garmin sponsorship. You can smell the BS, as soon as he talks about the Force being quiet and you can hear the RRRRRRR when the motor turns and he tries to dismiss it. If he wants to compare sound, compare it all. Let me see if I can find Zachs video and post it.

A real users video, without the BS.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1025242
    10 percent lives !!!!!
    Last edited by LTZ25; 01-23-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Talk about fake.....geeeez

15. Member
    I’ll keep my Ultrex, works great for me.

16. Member
    I would not trust that dude. He runs a certain other fishing website in a draconian manner.

17. Member
    One video does not make it a fact. Sheesh.....

If you find there is only one video claiming that it's loud and there are many more that clearly show it's not, then what?

Helluva a way to go about things, make decisions.

Saw one at a show recently, they had it wired up. Granted it was on a stand and not on a boat or in the water, but when my son hit the switch as he was playing with the pedal, the only way you knew it was on, with the motor right there beside us, was to see the shaft turning. And my ears work. It was at about 50% speed as I recall. Entirely different from what my Fortrex sounds like when you run it out of the water.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

I'll keep my Motorguide FW-FB

KISS

19. Member
    I think the point is that its louder in comparison to others, that doesn't mean its louder then past standards and wont catch fish.

20. Banned
    How long before we see "Noise Dampening Diodes" at $6.95/copy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast