Valult hub Squeaking help

My 2014 Triton Marine Master trailer has the sealed Vault Hub system. When I towed it to the winter storage building I heard the front port side wheel making some noise. It didn't get hot. The boat will come out of storage in April. How and where do I get Vault parts and Vault Lube? Anybody deal with this before? The last Maring Master I had I changed all the hubs to regular grease.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I doubt the hub itself is making noise without seeing other things going wrong. Is this a brake axle?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    The port front axle is closest to your ears when you drive. If you're worried, jack up that side and spin the wheels by hand. If you hear a grumbling sound you have an issue with that bearing.

4. Member
    Yes both axles have brakes. What part of the brake do you think could make the noise. It's not real bad yet. I won't see the boat again till spring. Just trying to be ready when I get it back out.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Mariner View Post
    Yes both axles have brakes. What part of the brake do you think could make the noise. It's not real bad yet. I won't see the boat again till spring. Just trying to be ready when I get it back out.
    With disk brakes, the pads always ride on the rotor. They often make some noise at low speed, especially if the boat has been sitting. The rotors rust quickly.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Mine made a squeeking noise on a brake equiped axle and one of the friction pads had come off of the metal backing plate and was contacting the rotor. It's easy to see if this has occurred.

7. Member
    I ordered all new hubs, caps, seals, bearings, and grease tubes from vault. Haven’t put them on yet

8. Member
    Thanks guys. I'll check back brake pad, front side looked normal. I may get with Vault also.

9. Member
    I am betting it is a delaminated brake pad! 3 of my 4 wheels (dual axles with brakes on both) had brake pads come off the backing! I went and got automotive pads (97-99 Kia Sephia) and replaced them all!

10. Member
    What year was your trailer? 20' or 21' footer? I'll check for delaminated pads. This sounds like could be it.