Thread: V-8 Skeg damage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Legit question... felt to me like a couple of hot responses - and since you are a mod, we all take a risk if we bring it up, but that kind of attitude creates an unhealthy dynamic in an otherwise phenomenal online forum.

Maybe a compromise - if general questions about mercury outboards are not allowed, then move this to another section of the forum, but it seems that a discussion of the topic - in general form - benefits the community.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by TB21 View Post
    I've welded and shaped enough to know there is a big difference and , I'd question the mentality of anyone that disagreed.
    You seem pretty matter a fact that they are different one would think you could provide a number of how many you have done? “Enough” is a pretty vague answer for someone who seems to be pretty sure of himself...... And what method you use to verify for fact that the alloys are different other than your opinion? Im just curious this is the first i have heard of any issues with this alot of these motors are out there now.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thread closed as it is not in keeping with the Forum Announcements.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12