Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bass Boat Insuarance question -Older Skeeter:

Got a quote for the year for $325 for a 2000 Model Skeeter zx195c with 200 Yamaha ox66 and trailer...... boat / motor is inSured for $14000, trailer$5000 and fishing equipment $5000.
    Does this seem high for a 20 year old boat or pretty good rate?

2. Member
    My 2004 Ranger with a 200 Merc EFI and trailer thru World Wide Marine (Progressive), agreed value of $35k with $5000 fishing gear and $300k in Liability is approx $260 per year. I do have a second boat on the policy, so there is a discount applied, although I'm not sure how much exactly.

3. Member
    Depends a lot on who's providing the insurance. That seems like a very good rate. I insured my old Ranger 375v (trailer, equipment, and everything) worth $10000, insurance was about $50 dollars a month. My 2018 Falcon is about $67 a month for insurance. So a lot more expensive than yours, but I'm with Ben Green Insurance and I'm very confident in the coverage they provide for me. They all have strong fishing backgrounds and relate very well to the needs of a fisherman.

4. Member
    Im paying $650 a year for a 2005 stratos with a 2018 250hp. I thought that seemed really high. I went with worldwidemarine. But im gonna call around

5. Member
    Honestly I do not know what I am paying....although I know its like $150 annually...thats boat/motor/trailer and $10k on rods/reels/electronics.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    Im paying $650 a year for a 2005 stratos with a 2018 250hp. I thought that seemed really high. I went with worldwidemarine. But im gonna call around
    I would call around.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

519DVX, very good price

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    If that’s agreed value I think that’s a good price. In this scenario it’s not about age, you’re insuring an amount.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    ttt

10. Member
    Seems a little high but it’s not that old of a boat either, not according to book standards. My Ranger is insured for 10,000 total including motor, boat, and trailer at $150/yr with State Farm. it’s important to note that Insurance companies go off of the actual book value of the boat, not what the owner thinks it’s worth. Anything else like rods reels and electronics needs to be negotiated.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    You’re getting hosed!

Check Auto Owners insurance if they are in your state.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

12. Member
    Depending on the amount of liability that's not to bad with $300,000 are more liability
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

13. Member
    Boat insurance is tricky now days and almost impossible to compare. Geographics mean everything. Along the coast, the cost of all boat insurance has skyrocketed in recent years because of the storm damage. They group us all together even though close to zero bass boats were damaged because of the hurricanes. My boat is 15 years old and I just recently changed to liability insurance only because of the cost. I got triple the liability coverage for about 1/6 of the cost. I just made the decision that I would insure myself against damage. May or may not work out, but its paid for and I can handle it financially if something happens.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Seems a little high but it’s not that old of a boat either, not according to book standards. My Ranger is insured for 10,000 total including motor, boat, and trailer at $150/yr with State Farm. it’s important to note that Insurance companies go off of the actual book value of the boat, not what the owner thinks it’s worth. Anything else like rods reels and electronics needs to be negotiated.
    So you are saying if my boat book value wise is $10k and I have it insured for 14k -they will not pay me the $14k

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    So you are saying if my boat book value wise is $10k and I have it insured for 14k -they will not pay me the $14k
    It depends. There are 2 types of policies. 1 is declared value. You can tell them what value to insure the boat at and it doesn't depreciate. It is usually a bit higher. 2 is the insurer determines value at the time of need probably based on some book value. I think #2 is standard unless you request the declared value type policy.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Boat insurance is tricky now days and almost impossible to compare. Geographics mean everything. Along the coast, the cost of all boat insurance has skyrocketed in recent years because of the storm damage. They group us all together even though close to zero bass boats were damaged because of the hurricanes. My boat is 15 years old and I just recently changed to liability insurance only because of the cost. I got triple the liability coverage for about 1/6 of the cost. I just made the decision that I would insure myself against damage. May or may not work out, but its paid for and I can handle it financially if something happens.
    Lost gear is one thing but Liability is another. My boat works. It's a tool to catch fish and beat the others in tournaments with, and for fun just fishing by myself. I'm sorry if it gets hurt, that's why I carry $500 deductible. What really matters TO ME is not getting sued.

17. Member

Got a quote for the year for $325 for a 2000 Model Skeeter zx195c with 200 Yamaha ox66 and trailer...... boat / motor is inSured for $14000, trailer$5000 and fishing equipment $5000.
    Does this seem high for a 20 year old boat or pretty good rate?

its not the age it’s the $$$ amount
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Lost gear is one thing but Liability is another. My boat works. It's a tool to catch fish and beat the others in tournaments with, and for fun just fishing by myself. I'm sorry if it gets hurt, that's why I carry $500 deductible. What really matters TO ME is not getting sued.
    Me too. Which is why I have the liability insurance and a much higher amount than I used too

20. Member
    Be aware of insured trailer value as well. Mine is insured for 2500. I destroyed a Skeeter fender. The only way to get another plastic fender is to buy both sides. (Thanks Skeeter for the hosing). I gave the quote to insurance. Only way they would cover is to total my trailer and they would come and get it. Could not replace the trailer for that so I was forced to search for a used fender.

Beware Skeeter owners with plastic fenders. Now that I know how easy they are to get off I may need to stock up. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast