Where do you store a landing net in your 189trx

I don’t want to be tripping over a landing net so where do you keep yours?

2. Member
    I haven't really come up with a great solution. If I'm fishing alone I'll just leave it on the back deck or in the passenger seat. I've got a folding one so that helps a bit, but there isn't really an excellent solution for it like on the bigger Triton's
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F

3. Member
    I can’t remember exactly how he’s had it set up but I had a friend that somehow used gorilla ties to secure his net. I remember he had it set somehow where it would hold his net out of the way while fishing and motoring down the lake, but he could grab it and they would release it pretty easily if you needed it. I have another friend that mounted a ram mount that has basically a stainless steel Rod holder mounted to it that he sets his net in and then at the end of the day just puts it all in floor storage. I have a foldable net I keep in my floor storage, but I never take it out.

4. Member
    Has anyone found a foldable net that works?

5. Member
    The folding one that came in my boat is in the bottom of a lake. I liked it, but Triton wanted $130 for a new one. Got this Ranger non-folding at BPS.1121D8B0-07DA-49F5-A0FB-C6B51E91597D.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have an ego slider and keep it in the starboard front locker. Fits in there nicely and just put it on the deck when we fishing. Wish we had the space behind the seats to keep it like that. Where does triton sell their folding fishing net at?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    You can buy it from the dealer but they told me it wouldn’t fit behind the seat on a 189trx.

8. Banned
    I leave mine on the cockpit floor. That way I don't forget to put it there when moving from spot to spot. It fits in a rock locker when not being used.

9. Member
    I just keep mine on the front deck starboard side. I don't keep a ton of rods out on deck, and those that are on the deck stay on the port side.

Sure it's a little in the way but stepping on it doesn't hurt anything and I'd rather have it up near me than fumble around to another part of the boat trying to get it while I'm fighting a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by soulloud View Post
    You can buy it from the dealer but they told me it wouldn’t fit behind the seat on a 189trx.
    Oh ok thanks. Yea theres no way its going behind the seats on ours thats for sure.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    No doubt there are better folding/stowable landing nets available but for $40 this Kastking net from Amazon is pretty decent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had same problem with a landing net and after 2 years of steeping on it, around it, strapping it to the deck. I saw this one and thought it wouldn't be the first $40 wasted if no good. Time will tell but it folds right up and goes in the center compartment with ease.
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS

12. Member
    That is the one I have been looking at but didn’t know anyone that had tried it.

13. Member
    It had good reviews so figured I'd try it. I did get the $39.99 version which doesn't have the extra length of telescoping handle. I'd say the one I have with handle extended is about 4' long. I trashed the little vinyl pouch it came in. I just wanted something I could store in a compartment while trailering and wouldn't take up so much space on the deck/floor when fishing. Time will tell but its not bad for $40.
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS

14. Member
    I bought something very similar, possibly the same thing at Academy. The one I bought worked fairly well but it was pretty fragile. On mine, the folded mechanism on the net failed, not while I was using it but as I was folding it to put it away. For whatever reason when I was folding it up to put it away I ended up forcing it just a little bit to fold it and it bent with very little effort. Not saying I would not recommend it because it was very convenient, I’m just saying you need to be very careful with it. The failure was partially my fault, my point is it did not take much pressure at all to bend it. Currently I have no net.....

15. Member
    My 189 has sliding seats. I just move the passenger side up 2 inches. There’s not a net pocket behind the seat like the bigger boats have so I might get some scratches, but it’s not in the way.

16. Member
    I have a 52" Frabil Hiber-Net, which I store in the passenger's rod holder in my 189. The ends fits in one of the rod slots, and I use the velcro strap on the boat to secure the other end. Also fits in rod locker. Just need to be a little careful when retracting net into handle. You can also buy replacement netting if ever needed.