New Fury 4-blade 25p experience....

Posted this question in the Triton group but maybe would get some Intel from here too. Current boat is 2006 21hp w/250xs 6" man JP switching to 10" JP this spring, does anybody have any experience with this same hull running a Fury 4 25p and whats your performance like? I live in big water country (MN) and want good bow lift and hole shot but willing to sacrifice top end for better performance. Thanks for any personal experience with this prop.

2. Member
    I have an 07 21x2 and run a Fury 4 24p with a 10” plate. My hull and setup of course are significantly different that your hp hull but you may still learn from my experience. I swapped from a 25p Tempest. I lost 3 mph on top end but gained a lot of mid range and improved my loaded hole shot. I gained a lot of lift at low to mid speed and a much lower planing speed, but at WOT both props lift my long heavy hull very well, I was at 74 with a tempest and 71 with the fury 4, both respectable speeds with my hull. I would ask this in the Triton board as well if you haven’t already.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    I have an 07 21x2 and run a Fury 4 24p with a 10” plate. My hull and setup of course are significantly different that your hp hull but you may still learn from my experience. I swapped from a 25p Tempest. I lost 3 mph on top end but gained a lot of mid range and improved my loaded hole shot. I gained a lot of lift at low to mid speed and a much lower planing speed, but at WOT both props lift my long heavy hull very well, I was at 74 with a tempest and 71 with the fury 4, both respectable speeds with my hull. I would ask this in the Triton board as well if you haven’t already.
    Yep posted in Triton too, those are reassuring numbers as my hull is a little faster compared to yours. Thanks for your in put.

When I had a 225 on my boat it ran 70MPH with a 25 Fury-3blade, 6" Detweiler that was sandwiched out to about 8 1/2" running right about 2 1/2" below pad.
    When I had a 250 Pro XS it ran almost 80 with a 26 Fury-3 blade, 10" Atlas running same prop to pad.
    Now with 300XS I run a 26 Fury 4-4 blade, same Atlas jackplate at about 2- 2 1/2" below pad 80-83 MPH. I have other props that run faster but this is my go to fishing tournaments prop. Blistering hole shot and can plane in less than 1.5 feet of water.
    I know this is a totally different setup but it may help. Good luck!

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    When I had a 225 on my boat it ran 70MPH with a 25 Fury-3blade, 6" Detweiler that was sandwiched out to about 8 1/2" running right about 2 1/2" below pad.
    When I had a 250 Pro XS it ran almost 80 with a 26 Fury-3 blade, 10" Atlas running same prop to pad.
    Now with 300XS I run a 26 Fury 4-4 blade, same Atlas jackplate at about 2- 2 1/2" below pad 80-83 MPH. I have other props that run faster but this is my go to fishing tournaments prop. Blistering hole shot and can plane in less than 1.5 feet of water.
    I know this is a totally different setup but it may help. Good luck!
    Yes thanks for sharing! I'm thinking I'll be happy not matter what top end I get with this 4-blade because our lakes are usually to rough to open it up anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by MNbassboat View Post
    Yes thanks for sharing! I'm thinking I'll be happy not matter what top end I get with this 4-blade because our lakes are usually to rough to open it up anyways.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

7. Member
    Try a 27P Bravo1 XS 2015-2020 edition.

8. Member
    Try the bravo1 xs