What is your bow setup for 2020?

Just got a (new to me) 2019 Hoyt Helix - Storm Riser, Black limbs. In the shop now getting new red/black GAS strings!

• 2019 Hoyt Helix - 65#/30" Draw
    • QAD HDX Rest
    • Spot Hogg Fast Eddie 2 pin sight
    • Shrewd Raid 9" Stab
    • 5 Arrow Treelimb Quiver

What's everyone else running this year?

2. Member
    Mathews Vertix - 70#/28..5" draw in elevated camo
    QAD ultrarest intergrate mx rest
    Spott Hogg fast eddie 1 pin sight
    Mathews flatline 6" stablizer
    Mathews Q-lite quiver

3. Member
    Bowtech realm SS. 29” draw and 74 lbs. HHA optimizer ultra single pin. QAD ultrarest. Carbon express Maxima red 350 and afflictor broadheads.

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Halon 32-7
    Mathews QAD rest
    Mathews quiver
    Hogg Father Sight
    AAE Stab
    Axis 340 Arrows
    Slick trick or Rage Broadheads
    Not sure what release this year.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

5. Member
    Curious how you guys like the single pin for hunting? I was on the fence of the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie and the HHA but ultimately went with the Spot Hogg for the 2 pin option. Getting it setup this week or next.

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Curious how you guys like the single pin for hunting? I was on the fence of the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie and the HHA but ultimately went with the Spot Hogg for the 2 pin option. Getting it setup this week or next.
    I used a 5 pin slider for my trip to New Zealand. I was worried about the stag moving while I was at full draw. Guide had range finder and could call out yardage.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Same z7extreme I've shot for several years now. Might be my last bow, it's smooth, compact and forgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    Same z7extreme I've shot for several years now. Might be my last bow, it's smooth, compact and forgiving.
    My main bow is a Triax but my backup is a Z7Extreme. Awesome bow, just slightly louder than the Triax.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

9. Member
    Same bow as last couple of years. Elite Impulse 31 with a QAD rest, Easton Axis 340s tipped with some Wasp Drone heads, but I will probably update my sight. Been running a single pin slider but I think I want to move to a three pin slider.

10. Banned
    My Mathews Drenelin and DXT I've been shooting since I bought new.�� I am considering upgrading to a Vertix

11. Member
    My ol' reliable Mathews Legacy. Whisker Biscuit, single pin sight.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

12. Member
    I keep looking at the new Bowtech Revolt and Mathews VXR 31.5 ......... but my 2 Bowtech Experiences sure have been good to me. One's a 2012 Black Ops and the second one was special ordered from Bowtech in 2016 in Realtree AP. Both running LimbDrivers, Sword sights, and Octane stabilizers while slinging 350 Blue Streaks and Shuttle-T broadheads.

I do have an Optifade Insanity CPXL (same accessories as Experiences) that I enjoy shooting from time to time. I keep saying I'm going to sell that bow, but never can bring myself to it.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    I keep looking at the new Bowtech Revolt and Mathews VXR 31.5 ......... but my 2 Bowtech Experiences sure have been good to me. One's a 2012 Black Ops and the second one was special ordered from Bowtech in 2016 in Realtree AP. Both running LimbDrivers, Sword sights, and Octane stabilizers while slinging 350 Blue Streaks and Shuttle-T broadheads.

I do have an Optifade Insanity CPXL (same accessories as Experiences) that I enjoy shooting from time to time. I keep saying I'm going to sell that bow, but never can bring myself to it.
    Hard to beat the experience, when I bought my realm SS last summer I just couldn’t part with mine and kept it as a backup.

14. Member
    Mathews MQ1
    Whisker Biscuit
    HHA Single Pin Sight
    Maxima Arrows
    Montech G5 Broadheads

Gonna get out this year for the first time since my daughter was born in 2016. Been too long!
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyl65 View Post
    Hard to beat the experience, when I bought my realm SS last summer I just couldn’t part with mine and kept it as a backup.
    Sadly that's what I'm finding myself feeling as well. That's exactly how I talked myself out of the Realm SR6 last year. I was like, if I'm that attached to it, just shoot it. LOL!!!

It doesn't help that I have all 3 bows set up identical, so it makes going from one to another really easy.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci