Mercury Smart Craft / Vessel View ?

Any of you guys have the smart craft gauge ? If so do you know what it would take to get the Vessel View ? I have Lowrance HDS Live and would rather have the engine info on it, the gauge is too hard to see when running down the lake. I do not know much about electronics but was thinking since I already have the smart craft gauge then maybe all i would need is an ethernet cable, anyway any info is appreciated, thanks.

2. Member
    You can get the guages onto the hds unit via nmea 2000 starter kit which is only around $50 but the guages appear like race car video game guages. To get nice guages on the hds unit you would have to get the merc vessel view link which is around $600.
    Last edited by rocketmanjp; 01-22-2020 at 08:40 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    You can get the guages onto the hds unit via nmea 2000 starter kit which is only around $50 but the guages appear like race car video game guages. To get nice guages on the hds unit you would have to get the merc vessel view link which is around $600.
    Thanks, could you elaborate on the race car video gauges ?

4. Member
    It’s hard for me to describe but the guages are kind of animated and the needles bounce as if they are vibrating from the roar of a loud engine.

5. Member
    20191221_072542.jpg

Do you have MercMonitor or just smartcraft gauges? I have a level 2 MercMonitor with NMEA 2000 kit to Hummingbird Solix and gauges work very good with no bouncing of needles. I'm not sure if lowrance is the same or not.

Quote Originally Posted by clint21xd View Post
    20191221_072542.jpg

Do you have MercMonitor or just smartcraft gauges? I have a level 2 MercMonitor with NMEA 2000 kit to Hummingbird Solix and gauges work very good with no bouncing of needles. I'm not sure if lowrance is the same or not.
    Lowrance is very similar. It does remind you of a video game though. The Vessel View is better, more robust and is tailored for Lowrance. You could easily sell the Mercmonitor and install Vessel View in its place. You would have to ask Don/Savage/Joe on whether you can have both installed. I am betting you can but might need a junction box.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Lowrance is very similar. It does remind you of a video game though. The Vessel View is better, more robust and is tailored for Lowrance. You could easily sell the Mercmonitor and install Vessel View in its place. You would have to ask Don/Savage/Joe on whether you can have both installed. I am betting you can but might need a junction box.
    Really do not need both, I just think it will be tough running 85 down the lake and trying to see the gauge where it is mounted, makes a whole lot more sense to have it on the HDS 12, I think my dealer has boat wired to where it may be an easy fix.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Really do not need both, I just think it will be tough running 85 down the lake and trying to see the gauge where it is mounted, makes a whole lot more sense to have it on the HDS 12, I think my dealer has boat wired to where it may be an easy fix.
    If you can run 85 and look at any gauges large or small, you're the Man!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr 22 View Post
    If you can run 85 and look at any gauges large or small, you're the Man!
    LOL, ok maybe 75, fastest I have ever been is 81 in a couple of my Tritons. I like the idea of being able to see the trim, water pressure, and rpms on the big screen.

10. Member
    Me too. I have HB Solix and will have to look into the nema 2000 connection stuff. Besides the performance aspect have you had opportunity to fish much in your XRS yet?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr 22 View Post
    Me too. I have HB Solix and will have to look into the nema 2000 connection stuff. Besides the performance aspect have you had opportunity to fish much in your XRS yet?
    No, I have had the boat out twice for about 2 hours total, hunting got in the way. Bringing it back to dealer next week, need keel guard, new Ghost trolling motor installed, and they have to move the livescope box. I hope to get back at it soon, the weather will probably get crappy about the time I start fishing.

12. Member
    Ok I do have the Mercury monitor, bought a NEMA 2000 starter kit today, so my dealer who rigged my boat should be able to install the kit ? They have to move my Garmin box and install my new Ghost, hopefully they will be able to install the kit.