Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEW MODEL TRANSDUCER

Has anyone heard any whispers if Lowrance will finally update the current AI 3 in1 so the Downscan actually produces decent images? The side scan gives great detailed clarity but DS is rubbish. Been down the path of 5 different brackets, swapped ducers, cables, head units all that stuff and simply DS is just crap.

Focus right now seems to be on Ghost and even this forum is dominated by it so im
    hoping that Lowrance hasn’t just mothballed Live units for the time being.
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

Nothing?? Everyone else is getting perfect DI images?

3. Member
    Last i used a 3n1, out of about a dozen downscan shots ....one was excellent. So it seems it is capable of it, just depends on perfect transducer angle imo

4. Member

3N1

Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    Nothing?? Everyone else is getting perfect DI images?
    I just upgraded from Gen3 to HDS12LIve with 3N1 Transducer at TM and console. I might not have things set up perfectly but i'm a little disappointed at the moment. I'm struggling getting the 2D sonar to even show my line or bait. The Downscan shows very little detailed compared to my previous units. Even fish show up a little faint compared to what i'm used to seeing. I really love the HDS screens and responsiveness but i don't have confidence in the 3N1 yet. If you're dropping your bait right below the boat and you have to increase your sensitivity to +5 to even see your line, it makes you think it's not working right. I fish in a lot of timber, and the DS shows barely even shows the trees i'm riding over. I know they are there. One last comment, the orange color does show the timber a lot better than the other colors. Any help is much appreciated.

5. Member

6. Member
    The two images show my concern. In the one 2D Sonar view. I cranked up the sensitivity so much it created lots of noise but it still shows the my line extremely faint. This is with a dreamshot and 1/2 ounce weight. The second image shows what a tree looks like. The 2d shows blurred as expected but the DS shows little to no detail where you could see limbs on my previous unit. I hope it doesn't sound as if i'm complaining. I'm really just looking for help. Thanks

7. Member
    Stop using 83kHz in deeper water then 10 feet. The signalloss is massive.

I don’t have a 3in1 but on my regular 2D sonar, I find that I have to run ping speed on max to see my line.
    Frequency : 200
    Surface Clarity: Medium
    Noise Rejection: Medium
    Ping Speed: Max

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

9. Member
    I think you have a bad transducer. I have no issues with my Downscan with my 3n1. Also check your power, you might have to much noise in the system. I had good imaging before but when i straight wired my units to my battery my images got better.
    2012 Stratos 189 VLo Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bzwildman81/

Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    This.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

11. Member
    Thanks for the feedback gang. I'll add some more detail to the suggestions to see if it helps diagnose the issue. I've tried both 83Khz and 200khz and neither show the line and bait at default settings. The screen is clear and clean for both 200&83 until i run up the gain to +5. The sensitivity increase is what's causing all the noise. It's clean otherwise but doesn't show my bait unless i set it real high like on the screen. Notice at the extremely high +5 sensitivity, the bait still shows as a very faint line. As auto sensitivity, the bait never shows.

BZwildman, i have my units run directly off my battery. It's clean as a whistle unless i run up the settings. Also, i have brand new units at the bow and console. Both transducers show about the same results.

I guess i'm wondering if i'm expecting too much from these units. Straight out of the box with default settings at 200khz, should i be able to see my line drop to the bottom while drop shotting?

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions.

12. Member
    i noticed there is both a blue and a black port on the hdslive 12. Does it matter which of these i am using? Could that be the problem?

13. Member
    I believe it is the black port for the 3n1.
    2012 Stratos 189 VLo Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bzwildman81/

How will that help give a clear and consistent DI image?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Last i used a 3n1, out of about a dozen downscan shots ....one was excellent. So it seems it is capable of it, just depends on perfect transducer angle imo
    This seems to be where it’s at, so inconsistent. I’ve had some impressive DI images and then 95% are just rubbish, split screen SI and DI, the SI is perfect.

My totalscan before was way better as are buddies with older units and trans.

I’ve done all the tests, new trans, new head units, new cables, 5 different mounts, direct wiring, isolated battery sitting in cockpit. Fact is no other brand requires this much time, effort and cost just to get a reasonable image. Plug in a HB or Garmin, it runs.
    No doubt if you work at adjusting, testing, brackets, cabies etc etc it will probably get better but a general consumer product is not expected to be this hard, it’s just not.
    By posting this thread I was really hoping that someone may know of an upgrade coming, Lowrance know it’s crap, can’t say that of course. I’ve spent time in pro staffers boats with the same quality images, they just agree it’s like that.

16. Member
    I have a 9 pin HDI transducer connected to my Live on my trolling motor. No problem seeing my bait with 2D and the downscan is great. Don't see a need for sidescan on my trolling motor as it is always turning therefore the extra cost for the 3-1 is useless to me. Maybe I just accidentally found a better setup but couldn't ask for anything more.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I have a 9 pin HDI transducer connected to my Live on my trolling motor. No problem seeing my bait with 2D and the downscan is great. Don't see a need for sidescan on my trolling motor as it is always turning therefore the extra cost for the 3-1 is useless to me. Maybe I just accidentally found a better setup but couldn't ask for anything more.
    Thanks Stretch! Good feedback. I’m curious to know if people are seeing their bait while drop shotting with the 3n1 transducer. It’s not a setting issue cause i’ve Tried them all. I’m a little concerned that’s just as good as it’s going to be. Maybe they’re trying to do too much in one unit. I might have to go back to hdi

18. Member
    The 3in1 has TRUE 800kHz sidescan, something we have not seen since the LSS-1.

Unfortunately the DownScan still only has 455kHz.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    The 3in1 has TRUE 800kHz sidescan, something we have not seen since the LSS-1.

Unfortunately the DownScan still only has 455kHz.
    We cannot say for sure that the downscan has a frequency of 455 kHz. For some reason Naviko is silent about this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ttt18; 01-29-2020 at 02:17 AM.

83khz is perfectly acceptable for deep water and provides max coverage. maybe lowrance is different that everyone else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast