GELCOAT REPAIR KITS

Is there such a thing as a gelcoat repair kit for the current model colours, typical flake colours. I have a chip in mine in the grey flake area and was hoping a small tube or tub may be available.
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

You may be able to get the flake and clear from Triton even if a “kit” is not available. If not you can also get just the flake at Triton and the clear from Spectrum or maybe US....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    You may be able to get the flake and clear from Triton even if a “kit” is not available. If not you can also get just the flake at Triton and the clear from Spectrum or maybe US....
    I did this whith Basscat. They will need your hull ID number. Im sure Triton can do the same.

4. Member
    dealer can get your matching gel colors, they will need the serial number of your boat.

Excellent info, thank you all. Wouldn’t it be nice if when you pick your new pride and joy you received a couple of small tubes of this for those minor incidents like a car touch deal

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    Excellent info, thank you all. Wouldn’t it be nice if when you pick your new pride and joy you received a couple of small tubes of this for those minor incidents like a car touch deal
    I will second the motion even though I don't need one yet but would like to have one on hand.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I will second the motion even though I don't need one yet but would like to have one on hand.
    I third that. Would be nice to have you never know what can happen.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Gel coat has a fairly short shelf life (and so does MEKP - the catalyst hardener you mix in). So I would suggest waiting to order gel coat until you need it.

But yes, like others said, call a Triton dealer, give them your Hull ID number, and they can ship you the color gel coat you need. It isn't too expensive for a pint of gel coat.

I blended silver and black glitter into some clear nail polish just so I can’t see it. We are only talking maybe 1/2” x 1/4” but it’s a chip and I am so anal about caring for my boat I hate that’s it’s there. I might try a little clear polyester resin and blend the glitter trick again first and if that isn’t perfect I’ll go to the dealer for gelcoat.

Thanks for the comments and I think there’s a market out there for small touch up kits, not a pint, just a few ounces, maybe even a stick type deal that you mash together to activate into putty like those hole repair kits
    Last edited by thommo59; 01-23-2020 at 11:49 PM.

Even with gel and the components having a short shelf life....I keep it in the frig for a pretty long time.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com