Modern technology

With all the modern tech stuff, I am starting to have issues with it. I'm driving in my truck, listening to the radio. When I want to hear it again, I reach out for the radio... daggone it! I can't do that, only works for the TV. And I am so used to using my cellphone for everything, so I see something I'm interested in. I put two fingers on it and zoom in for a close up. So now I'm sitting in my Library! Looking through the catalog and finding myself wanting to take a closer look! life's just cruel that way.

I am surprised no one has made a radio with functions like a DVR. It would be nice if you could just rewind or skip backwards to the song that just played and listen to it again if you wanted to. Plus it would also be nice to have a pause function. If something happens and you did not want to miss what's playing you simply hit pause and then resume and never miss anything. Plus it would be nice if you could program your radio to record events like a DVR.

In reality I think people listening to actual radio stations are on the decline. A lot of people nowadays use their radio as a medium to bluetooth their cell phone to so they play music and listen to podcast via their cell phone thru the radio. I think with actual radio stations being played less there is a decline in advancement for things a radio can do, however the market for what a radio can do via bluetooth with a cell phone is getting bigger every day.

3. Member
    My 2014 factory gmc radio can rewind back......... I think it will store over an hr if you don’t change the station and yes if the phone rings I can pause it.

Radio actually still maintains the highest outreach of consumers. I think it’s still in the 90th percentile.
    Last edited by C_W; 01-21-2020 at 11:33 PM.

4. Banned
    My 15 Silverado does it although I never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I am surprised no one has made a radio with functions like a DVR. It would be nice if you could just rewind or skip backwards to the song that just played and listen to it again if you wanted to. Plus it would also be nice to have a pause function. If something happens and you did not want to miss what's playing you simply hit pause and then resume and never miss anything. Plus it would be nice if you could program your radio to record events like a DVR.

In reality I think people listening to actual radio stations are on the decline. A lot of people nowadays use their radio as a medium to bluetooth their cell phone to so they play music and listen to podcast via their cell phone thru the radio. I think with actual radio stations being played less there is a decline in advancement for things a radio can do, however the market for what a radio can do via bluetooth with a cell phone is getting bigger every day.
    I have the Sirrius XM app on my phone that I play through the Bluetooth in my car. I can replay a song or skip a song. I can go back 4-5 hours and listen to a an entire show. Or, I can listen to various on demand shows.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    The XM radio in my 2015 Ram can rewind for up to 30 minutes if you have that channel stored as a favorite. You can also tag favorite artists or songs and it pops up when they come on any channel and you can pick it and go straight to the channel its on.

7. Member
    For some reason I hardly ever listen to my truck radio when driving. At one time I thought I couldn’t drive without it. Maybe the peace and quiet? Guess I would if driving long distance.

8. Member
    My 14 F-150 does. One of my favorite features

9. Member
    Radio in my Tundra can rewind. It’s a cool feature, but I don’t use it as much as I thought I would.

10. Member
    I dislike the touch screens. I can't do anything but change volume or station without looking away from driving. many other options are look at the screen only.

11. Member
    Cell phones can stop diarrhea. Go ahead, try to poop without your phone.

Sirius XM radio does this. At least in my Ram with the 12inch touchscreen. You can pause and rewind the music. Also search for certain artists and stations. Its pretty awesome.

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

13. Member
    " So now I'm sitting in my Library! Looking through the catalog and finding myself wanting to take a closer look! life's just cruel that way."

To get a closer look on most computers is HOLD DOWN the CONTROL KEY.

Simultaneously, hit the PLUS (+) button a number of times. It will increase the size of whatever is on the screen. i.e. ZOOM IN.

To get back to normal, Hold down the Control key and hit the MINUS (-) key a number of times. ZOOM OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post

My 2014 and now my 2018 Chevy OEM radio does that.

15. Member
    My radio in my 06 hasn't worked for 7-8 years.....it's so peaceful driving, the older I get the more I like quite.